PDA

View Full Version : Headers to arrow system,.!?!?

Petej
14-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Finally got some headers for the Duc, offered the system up just out of interest as not ready to fit yet. The headers literally slipe side the arrow system without much friction is this right as obviously there is no clamps, just fin I'd hard to believe it wouldn't blow at all.......

Joint sealant or exhaust paste needed? Paulo, Ali I know you guys have messed about with arrows or still do ;-) reassure me!!!

Cheers

Pete

pegboy
14-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Yeah mate Its a loose fit and i used a joint exhaust sealant, I got it from halfords and it is sh*t. I pulled the rear wheel off recently and the exhaust comes off with it and now have to get some decent sealant to do it again. So stay away from halfords for this sealant

Petej
14-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Cheers bud ill pick up some sealant this week! Thanks again for the socket!

Funkatronic
15-11-2012, 01:16 AM
there are special crush gaskets for this fitting
they are silly money (£5 each) and in my experieince they are a bitch to fit and always leak a bit (they are used on the older multistrada and i have been told by many techs that they leaked from the factory)

capo did a good post on this (http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=35341&highlight=exhaust)

get some hi temp silicon and be prepared to re-do it every now and again as it blows out easily

Petej
15-11-2012, 07:53 AM
The thing I don't understand.....

On the parts list for the standard exhaust they list two different gaskets for each header..... Now I can see I'll need the gasket between the headers and the cylinder.

But the arrow down pipe doesn't have a recess for the header it's all one diameter, so surely the gasket would have no effect other than to fall inside the exhaust and rattle?

Funkatronic
15-11-2012, 10:26 AM
the crush gasket is a friction seal, it fits over the narrow end of the short header link pipe, the flared end of the arrow pipe should go over and around it