PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning a Monster Dark

bluestoesonnose
10-11-2012, 07:17 PM
We've got a M750 Dark, are there any special instructions for cleaning the matt panels, and can you protect them with anything (I can't imagine you could polish them)?

Cheers

Petej
10-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Meguiars quick detailer after a general wash would finish it off nicely.

Pete

bluestoesonnose
11-11-2012, 07:15 AM
Will it make the matt finish shiny? I'm looking to keep it matt.

Petej
11-11-2012, 09:06 AM
No it shouldn't, I use it all over my cars and bikes, it will just dry to its original finish.

Pete

Char
11-11-2012, 09:54 AM
HI

On my matte paint I was just using Vulcanet Wipes which gives a good streak free clean

However on special occasions I use Muc Off Miracle Shine which I find gives a even nicer finish and doesnt 'shine' matte paint!

Muc Off Miracle Shine (http://muc-off.com/en/stage-2-protect/23-miracle-shine-polish.html?category=car)

bluestoesonnose
11-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Hi Char (and others),
I'm looking for a product that will protect the finish, a bit like polish you'd use on the tank and other painted parts on non matte bikes.

There seems to be a few out now that matte seems to be flavour of the year

Char
12-11-2012, 07:45 AM
umm - if you click my linky :twak:

The ultimate high quality polish and protectant.
◦Contains a fusion of 3 separate waxes.
◦Protects your bike's finish.
◦Prevents the build up of dirt and grime.
◦Provides a deep luxurious shine.

Muc-Off Miracle Shine is the ultimate high quality polish and protectant. It’s been specifically engineered to provide a deep luxurious shine that will endure the elements and keep your car looking like it's just rolled off the showroom floor! Our unique formula contains a fusion of 3 separate waxes and a number of highly advanced ingredients that combine to produce a superior protective treatment.

Carnauba Wax, one of the principal components, is universally recognised as the hardest naturally occurring wax known to man.

The really clever part of Miracle Shine is our Fluoro Polymer Technology which we have incorporated for its amazing ability to repel water and atmospheric pollutants. It will also be easier to wash your bike, and Miracle Shine will even help it stay cleaner between washes. Each time you apply Miracle Shine a Fluoro Polymer layer knits together to form a microscopic, ultra tough protective barrier that can extend the lifetime of the finish by preventing the build up of dirt and grime.

Comes in a 500ml container

He11cat
12-11-2012, 10:59 AM
Maguiers great stuff...
Their products are very good !
Volcanet wipes deal with Matt finish well.

I wouldn't touch Muck off products now after what their cleAner did to my Matt stuff on my bike!
I know that's just the cleaner .
My local shop has stopped selling cleaner due to complaints.
It left white marks on my Matt stuff which never came off.
Also on my other bike with black engine made a mess of that.
Yes I did use as directed.

On that count I have zero faith in their products .

Merguires products are good.
Volcanet wipes do my Matt black paint a treat.

bluestoesonnose
12-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Many thanks all, I know what to buy the better half for Christmas now, she'll be so happy...

Fabio
26-04-2015, 08:48 PM
hi there
Im new at these forum was reading at your post about Merguires product i have a monster 821 dark and I'm going mad with finger print, bugs ecc...
do you mind to tell me de exact name of the product you use? I went on their website and the have plenty of product
could you help me please?

garry
26-04-2015, 09:06 PM
muck off is great, fer cleaning yer crosser or bicycle.

Dirty
27-04-2015, 05:39 PM
http://www.drbeasleys.com/shop/car-care-products/matte-car-care.html

http://www.bearswaxfactory.co.uk/dr-beasleys-matte-paint-cleanser-1001-p.asp

Fabio
28-04-2015, 08:10 AM
thank you dirty

EvoAde
28-04-2015, 04:33 PM
I had a matt black Harley XR1200X for 3 years before my evo so I've had plenty of experience with this paint finish. If you don't want it shiny, keep any wax polish including silicone type (e.g. Mr Sheen) away from it. The manufacturers generally say wash and microfibre cloth dry, which is fine. Window cleaner from the pound shop works well too. Just touch it as little as possible and keep grease away from it and it will be fine. It's actually easier to have a surface you can polish...

Fabio
12-07-2015, 08:53 AM
hi every one i bought nanolex matt surface kit and i wasted £50.00 don't do the same

Wildfire
12-07-2015, 09:06 AM
Personally I would wash down the matte bodywork with a decent stripping shampoo then use Chemical Guys Jet Seal 109 Matte on it. But for just a tank and a front fender that's a fairly hefty outlay. I used Jet seal 109 normal on my cars, with a decent Carnuba wax to to and it's great.

Dookbob
12-07-2015, 11:23 AM
It,s beginning to sound like it might be a good idea to re-spray the matte parts with gloss.

Nickj
12-07-2015, 12:02 PM
It's matt because the surface isn't smooth, anything that fills the holes in it makes it shiney, any wear can make it shiney.
Matt finish is a bit of a pain all round.

Scrap it and go for somerthing similar to the old flake black finishes that Ducati did on some of the optional paint finishes.. looks much nicer

Flip
12-07-2015, 12:29 PM
Or paint it red it'll go faster then too!! :D

Don't listen to Dirty when he pops along to try and tell you yellow is quicker- it's not just look at Ducati's racing history of colours- they tried a few before finding out red was by far the fastest and as a result the winningest !!!

Although I do quite like the stealthy black versions.....if only they avoided radar like the planes...hmmmm????

Dirty
12-07-2015, 12:47 PM
Utter rubbish, the only reason most Ducati's are red is the guys in the paint shop get it cheap from the bloke who paints the post boxes :mand:

don_matese
12-07-2015, 01:48 PM
Dont be daft, postboxes in italy are blue! They got the paint cheap from a job lot from ferrari just up the road

Dirty
12-07-2015, 02:12 PM
Dont be daft, postboxes in italy are blue! They got the paint cheap from a job lot from ferrari just up the road

Actually they are various colours, red, blue, yellow https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=italian+post+boxes&safe=off&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=W3WiVfTXBYPAggTO1KCAAg&ved=0CDEQsAQ&biw=1897&bih=935

Mostly blue and yellow around Bologna, and now you know why :yoparty: