PDA

View Full Version : Ace cafe bike + streetfighter night tonight

simontt
02-11-2012, 02:12 PM
I am tempted to go but not sure after watching some of the videos on youtube. It seems some bikers use it for stunt riding where accidents involving themselves and other parked vehicles is a realistic possibility?

I only went before on a Sunday morning for breakfast (before ride out events) and it was very civilised, not sure on a Friday night?

Sirc
02-11-2012, 03:32 PM
you should be ok at this time of year Simon :)

simontt
04-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Thanks Sirc , did not go at the end and went for dinner instead.

If a bike night is anything like the video, then I think it's too manic for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsFag_0cKbw

slob
04-11-2012, 06:06 PM
The car park is fine. The nutters seem to mostly frequent the street out front. We used to go up to Italian night (3rd Thursday) pretty regularly. Personally I find the pace a bit dull and full of cars...

benson
05-11-2012, 07:41 AM
It's OK for a breakfast once in a while and Italian night in the summer - light evenings and cheesy chips - works for me....

simontt
05-11-2012, 08:57 AM
Will try the Italian night, thanks guys.

solomoto
07-11-2012, 01:38 AM
Will try the Italian night, thanks guys.

Italian night is this Thursday, I will take a ride up if its not raining. red monster 1100, A* jacket, say hello if you get there :)

simontt
05-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Went to the Friday bike night yesterday for the first time, quite a few bikes turned up (about 100) but only seen 1 other Ducati (a monster) - most other bikes are Japanese (sport) bikes, no Moto Guzzi or MV or Aprilia which was a shame. Friendly atmosphere though. There was a scooterist doing wheelie on the main road which was a bit amusing....

littlejimmy12
05-01-2013, 09:12 PM
The car park is fine. The nutters seem to mostly frequent the street out front. We used to go up to Italian night (3rd Thursday) pretty regularly. Personally I find the pace a bit dull and full of cars...

I second that, I live 10 mins away and I've been down twice in 12 months

gary tompkins
05-01-2013, 10:03 PM
I stopped going to the italian bike nights when they opened it up to cars as well. Got to the point where there wasn't room to squeeze the bikes in, and I had to park on the road outside one night. It used to be a great event that sadly turned into a joke. I think the management at the ACE need their heads tested sometimes.