PDA

View Full Version : nambduke's son, Nicholas, climbing Kilimanjaro for Meningitis Reasearch Foundation

nambduke
31-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Hi

My young son, Nicholas is planning to climb Kilimanjaro for the Meningitis Reasearch Foundation next September. Meningitis can strike anyone of us at any time. Some time ago, our niece Emily fell seriously ill with meningitis so this charity is close to our hearts. Thankfully she made a full recovery.

Nicholas is looking for donations for the charity, so if anyone can spare a few pounds, please go to the attached link and sign up. Any donation, no matter how small, would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.myraising.com/nicholas-butler/climbskilimanjaro

Best regards,
Mark
nambduke

nambduke
31-10-2012, 07:21 PM
I know I'm tight because I'm a Yorkshireman, but 23 views and not even 10p donated! I'm shocked!!

;-)
Regards
Mark

nambduke
02-11-2012, 02:55 PM
65 views so far.....

Thanks to the member who PM'd me to offer a donation. It really is appreciated.

Come on guys....if everyone who viewed the thread had donated just 10p each, there would be another £6.50 in the coffers! (plus a few bob gift aid).

You know you want to help! ;)

Best regards,
Mark

jonzi
02-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Donated, good luck to him.

nambduke
02-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Thanks jonzi, really appreciated. Every penny counts!

Best regards,
Mark

nambduke
07-11-2012, 09:21 AM
UPDATE

Nicholas is almost upto £200......keep those donations coming! Still a long way to go to reach his £2650 target

Many thanks to those who have donated so far, it's really appreciated!

Best regards,
Mark

J.P
07-11-2012, 10:23 AM
I've treked Kili three times and made it to base camp on Everest just once before having to turn back.
Did it with one arm and foot tied behind my back carrying a 200 lb pack. While hopping.

Small Clanger
07-11-2012, 01:29 PM
:thumbsup:

Lead him up Roseberry Topping a few times, show him how it's done.

nambduke
07-11-2012, 06:04 PM
I've treked Kili three times and made it to base camp on Everest just once before having to turn back.
Did it with one arm and foot tied behind my back carrying a 200 lb pack. While hopping.

Thanks JP....your donation is greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

Kind regards,
Mark

nambduke
07-11-2012, 06:05 PM
:thumbsup:

Lead him up Roseberry Topping a few times, show him how it's done.

Sod that....I'm getting too old for that now! I'll stay in the layby near the Kings Head with a flask and a pair of binoculars!! ;-)

Regards,
Mark