PDA

View Full Version : Speed Sensor for 620ie Dark

slinemfc
16-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Am looking for a new/used speed sensor for my Monster to see of that fixes my new curious speedo issues.
If anyone has one, let me know and hopefully we can make a deal.

Headhunter
17-10-2012, 05:36 AM
Hey fella,

Here's a couple of things to try before buying a new one, which I did, and found out last night i didn't need to (changed the new one back to old, after below, and it also worked!). So basically now have one to sell but live overseas, which means it might be tricky to get it to you. Brand new with packaging.

1. Clean the 6 "rear disc bolts" with some wet n dry paper and WD40.

2. Take the instrument panel (clocks) off and clean the connection from loom to clocks.

3. Clean the sensor connection underneath right hand side seat panel. Is easy to spot - basically sits underneath seat under frame.

All are very easy jobs. If it still doesn't work it's most likely to be broken sensor or wire somewhere.

Failing this and unless you can get one in the UK. I could see if my boss could bring it back in a week's time (we have a London office) and get him to post it. Would be 65 with P&P, so basically no VAT (which is what I saved apart from acquiring a brand new sensor, which I don't actually need).

Slob, JP, GaryT, Crust, Fatbloke, JMO etc etc can all vouch for me (:booze: :booze:) in terms of being a decent and honest member.

J

slob
17-10-2012, 06:24 AM
All good advice, my regular ride suffered a broken sensor wire between Calais and Misano in 20120, leading to a 1000 miles of worry waiting for the fuel light to come on and guestimation of speed limits where appropriate.
Jonathan is indeed a trustworthy young man (if you ignore the fact he abandoned us in exchange for a lot of sand several years ago)

slinemfc
17-10-2012, 07:18 AM
Cheers guys. Will give the above a go and see if that cures it.
Nervous about removing the clock's wiring but am sure it'll be fine!

Headhunter
17-10-2012, 07:20 AM
Jonathan is indeed a trustworthy young man (if you ignore the fact he abandoned us in exchange for a lot of sand several years ago)

Thank you, Rob. Although unfortunately getting whiter (hair) :rolleyes:

Slinemfc, good luck with the above. Hope it works out as I know how annoying it can be!

Headhunter
17-10-2012, 07:24 AM
Nervous about removing the clock's wiring but am sure it'll be fine!

Don't be. Is very simple. Remove two bolts attaching clocks. Lift gently and pull cable out - is a click connection system. Best advice is to be very gentle and not heavy handed. Other would be to clean bolts as mentioned before doing any of the other items.