PDA

View Full Version : ripped off again

jerry
09-10-2012, 05:15 PM
3 times in 2 week s

1st...ripoff .... went to HSBC cash machine took out £600 on my debit card but the machine only gave me £460 but my account has been debited £600 complained to HSBC and am being given the run around over last 9 days

2nd ripoff ...... ordered a battery for my wifes ACER laptop via Ebay from a company in Slough delivery 2 days by Royal mail , after paying for it I get email saying item will be dispatched from Hong Kong delivery 12 days ...not good so i raise dispute with EBAY and paypal so far no answer from them or vendor , battery arrived after 14 days and does not work more tha 35 minutes , her old battery is better then that .

3rd ripoff Today

went into the Shell garage to fill up the car in HOVE , put in £50 of fuel handed the cashier 3 £20 notes .... he picks the cash up then the phone rings he answers it talks for 30 seconds then turns to me and says need another £10 you only gave me £40

I said no i gave you £60 .he stares me out completely and refuses to admit i gave him e £60 , I say give me back £10 change please he refuses and then says if i dont pay he will call the police ,,, I said OK do that and we will check the CCTV , cops say they cant come for at least 2 hours and i have a hospital appointment for my wife so I pay up and leave the guy is laughing as I leave .

Off to a job offshore for 6 weeks On monday so i doubt i can resolve these rippoffs

Dave G
09-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Item 3, complain to Shell, and inform the police.

http://www.shell.co.uk/home/content/gbr/footer/contact_us/

Item 2, raising a dispute with paypal will be the best way to get refunded, you need to be patient though.

Item 1, complain, then complain again, then complain to HQ, then complain to the ombudsman, get citizens advice to complain for you, publicise it as best you can, local radio or newspapers are a start.
Be a persisitant pain, eventually they'll pay up just to shut you up.

jerry
09-10-2012, 08:18 PM
i have done all 3 of those things , Sussex police have fobbed me of, saying its only £20 and it will be difficult to prove and time consuming , i will try to take it further as other people will probably have same issue .
Shell UK I am waiting for a response from

paypal dispute innitiated but they are already confused 2 responses both about different issues??

complaints sent to HSBC headoffice with threat of Ombudsman

we will see.

Capo
09-10-2012, 09:36 PM
If you were to drive off without paying for £20 worth of petrol, the police will be knocking on your door within a few days.

jerry
09-10-2012, 11:34 PM
If you were to drive off without paying for £20 worth of petrol, the police will be knocking on your door within a few days.

preciscely.....my point too,

jerry
10-10-2012, 03:50 PM
cant believe it Rip OFF 4

HSBC bank again transfered £7000 today from my business account to a supplier In Thailand transfer rate quoted for business transfer on inter xchange was 49.66 baht fees should be £22 , over the years I have done a lot of such transfers ,

consider my shock when 15 minutes later I find my account debited with £7572!!!!!

the had charged fees of £40 and exchange rate was only 46.61 thats less than tourist rate not money market rate ,,,,, so i am £537 over charged and checking back its not the only time this year ,

absolute cheating bastards ,,,,,I have now escalated the complaints to HSBC and banking Ombudsman and am now looking for a new Bank for my business and personal banking .

My Thai supplier has also told me That HSBC only sent them £6894 and that Bangkok Bank also took another £30 for themselves .

jerry
11-10-2012, 03:36 PM
m HSBC are all upset now I want to remove my accounts ,a personal business banking officer called me today . so it seems that the ATM transactions shortfalls will be refunded to me , and also the FOREX ripoff has an explanaition because they really do not want to lose my business they have admitted changing the rates I get on FOREX without telling me , they seem reluctant at moment to refund the £2487,69p that i have been overcharged due to getting uncompetetive rate .

I have done some research and talked to some colleagues and found other banking service providers with better deals. I have pointed out to HSBC personal client officer that 2 major rivals offer a much cheaper alternative and better FOREX rates and i am opening accounts with them so HSBC may lose all my business If they dont sort it out ,

more to follow

Ebay battery vendor seems they will exchange or refund poor battery ......good

SHELL no response from them or the cops at all , not good

urbanfireblade
11-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Your not alone with hassles on ebay, i sent a faulty item back to a uk seller on sept 12th, all tracked and signed for(£8 postage), 2 subsequent refunds failed to clear from the sellers bank, take into account they say it takes about 7 days each time to process the refund, escalated case ages ago to eBay, they're rubbish, even when they close the case in my favour last tuesday 2nd october saying it'll be refunded by them in 4-5 working days, well 7 working days later no refund, eBay apparently have problems with their paypal refund department and it'll be another 4-5 days. £12 in phone calls to them, in already £20 out of pocket on a £61 refund.

*Sigh* :grump:

I think you should be entitled to some decent compensation by the bank, its their mistake,

jerry
12-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Phoned the news line at Brighton Argus Paper and told a journalist there about the Shell problem ,, 20 minutes later she phones back and asks some more questions then tells me they are working on a story about this problem as other people have called the paper withsame experience at same fuel station ...still no response from Shell or Sussex police .....

Dookbob
12-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Find out where the scum bag cashier from the filling station lives. It,s not so much the 20 quid that would bother me, but the smile on the guys face as you left there. The s**t head louse bag wouldn't,t like what I would arrange for him, ( all within the laws of our fair play country of course )

Dave G
12-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Phoned the news line at Brighton Argus Paper and told a journalist there about the Shell problem ,, 20 minutes later she phones back and asks some more questions then tells me they are working on a story about this problem as other people have called the paper withsame experience at same fuel station ...still no response from Shell or Sussex police .....

Let the lack of police response become part of the story, newspapers love this sort of dirt and it about time they started being useful. keep with it and they will put more pressure on police and shell than you could, nothing either hates more than bad publicity.