PDA

View Full Version : Michelin Pilot Road 3

FRASER24
08-10-2012, 11:30 AM
My S2R 800 came fitted with Diablo Rosso's, they were good during the summer ( the little bit that was warm and dry ) but now the temp has dropped and the heavens have deposited huge amounts of the wet stuff I've been slipping and sliding about on wet cold roads at 6.00am when commutoing to work. It's not IF I come off, more a question of WHERE I'm going to come off, sooo, today the credit card took a bashing for a pair of Mich PR3's, I will update after a week of commuting ( about 300 miles). Fraser

Headhunter
08-10-2012, 11:50 AM
I've had them for about 2k now and are still looking brand new. Used to be a huge fan of the original Diablo and still think it's a great tyre but PR3s definitely inspire me with more confidence. Whether it's psychological, who knows?

Plenty of others on here who seemed to be impressed with them too.

simontt
08-10-2012, 12:00 PM
I find my Diablo Rosso 2 not confidence inspriing, especially when filter over the white markings on the outside during the early morning commute, it almost feels like you have suddnely got a puncture as the rear tyre moves about, to the extent that you have to slow down and steer counteract the unwanted movement, which is a bit dangerious when you have limited space to maneovoure!

Would be very interested to hear if PR3 manages to transform the wet / cold handling. Preumably the warranty will not be invalidated - not sure if it's an approved tyre.

SteveF
08-10-2012, 01:27 PM
I asked a similar questions a few weeks ago, got some good answers. http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=45472

FRASER24
19-10-2012, 01:04 PM
I managed to bunk off work the day after fitting the tyres cuz it was going to be warm and dry, perfect for scrubbing them in before the next mornings commute in pouring rain. So, 500 miles of commuting in all weathers, I was initially a bit disappointed because the tyres didn't get any warmer than my Rosso's but soon realised that I also have not had any "moments" with the PR3's during that mileage. I've stopped worrying about the temperature and gained a lot more confidence in the PR3's ability to grip even when cold. An unexpected bonus was how the tyres roll nicely into corners feeling completely stable at all lean angles. Tyre pressures ?? I started high but have now settled for 30 frt and 32 rr, So far so good, if they continue to perform well as the mileage increases I will be very happy.

bluestoesonnose
19-10-2012, 01:28 PM
I have a SV1000 which I've just put Pilot 3's on and they are awesome, wet, dry, hot or cold total confidence. So much so I'm starting to scuff the hero blobs and sliders on my boots. Corners where I would only go at 65mph with the Bridgestones on are are now 80mph+

Done well over 1000 miles and they still look great, what more do you need?

When the tyres on the M750 wear down Pilots will replace them

eljaybe
21-10-2012, 05:29 PM
I've been using PR3's for about 4500 miles very little sign of wear... Great all round road tyre. Although I have spoken to a few users who think they are prone to punctures as they have a very soft carcass...

nero92
21-10-2012, 11:04 PM
I've had PR3's on my s4 since march and have 6500 mls up on them on very wet roads and I'm well pleased just watch man hole covers