PDA

View Full Version : There's something about Monster...-y...

the_adam
22-09-2012, 11:49 PM
I came across an old friend in the garden today...

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af266/the_adam_m695/DSCF9851_zpsf48eb61f.jpg

It's been dead for 6 months now and with a possible first mortgage coming up I haven't had enough spare money to consider fixing it... a friend of a friend has suggested he may be interested so I'd just uncovered it to see what sort of state it was in... but having seen it again I'm certainly not convinced it should go! :hissy:

Sensible Adam says it doesn't work and the other bike is faster, shinier and generally more reliable. Less-sensible Adam says that there's not THAT much wrong with it. And it's just better. Plus it looks like a bike should look and it sounds like Chuck Norris gargling angry bees through a megaphone. And you know you want to find out what it looks like with that nice swingarm on. Oh dear... :worried:

bex
23-09-2012, 12:38 AM
I'm 100% behind less-sensible Adam.

And I want to poke sensible Adam in the eye :mand:

the_adam
23-09-2012, 12:47 AM
You'd have to be quick, he doesn't come out very often ;)

I may have attacked him for you already, after covering the bike up I walked straight into a glass door. Fortunately it was stronger than sensible-Adam's nose :chuckle:

He11cat
23-09-2012, 01:10 AM
Adam if you leave that bike like that for too long there will just be your headlights left!!!
Sort it out!!
Congrats on being sensible and getting a mortgage :)
Boy wish I could own my own home again and make it my own den of stupidity !

utopia
23-09-2012, 03:11 AM
Have you painted the single sider or did it come in such a good colour match ?
If it was serendipity, then you surely can't sell it.....its meant to be !!

I dunno, ...seeing the single sider next to it like that, it just looks like YOUR bike and it would be a shame not to see the project through.....all sorted and awesome in 2yrs, then sell the other one.
And, well...you weren't looking for encouragement to sell it now, were you ?

But...on the other hand....what you have now has much more saleable value than a half-finished project, 18 months down the line.
(of course, that matters not one jot if its a keeper though)

I thought "its just better" was a key phrase.
And then there was the frankenstein stuff too.
Oh dear indeed.

Killer point....will you have workshop space ?

the_adam
23-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Adam if you leave that bike like that for too long there will just be your headlights left!!!
Sort it out!!
Congrats on being sensible and getting a mortgage :)
Boy wish I could own my own home again and make it my own den of stupidity !

Is that because all the Ducati parts are not only made of cheese, but special dissolving cheese? ;) I know, it's been sat there far too long now... Needless to say my den of stupidity (if the other people don't end up getting it) probably won't have any furniture other than guitars to start off with... although that moon bug collage may finally have to be done! :D

Have you painted the single sider or did it come in such a good colour match ?
If it was serendipity, then you surely can't sell it.....its meant to be !!

No, it was Funkatronic's grey one - I bought it, found the extra bits, painted it to match...then the bike died. I agree that it just looks right somehow, if the exhaust studs hadn't also crumbled beyond recognition I'd (somehow) buy a tyre and get the thing put on straight away :D There's no workshop space as such with the house I'm looking at, but a fully paved back yard that's just asking to have an awning of some kind put over one corner for keeping bikes under.

Unfortunately selling the ninja might not be an option, even fully restored I just don't think I'd be happy commuting on the Monster again...considering how many days I've missed because of it, work probably wouldn't be too happy with me either! Cheap car isn't an option because of the distance/traffic. As you can probably tell, I wasn't wanting to be talked into selling it anyway - and if I was this would be the last place to come ;)

Out of curiousity, how's the Sachs project progressing?

Just in case it happens, can anyone point me to any kind of swingarm-removing resources? Tips/photos or whatever... I can work things out fairly well but having not done one before I'd rather not go into it blind :)

Nonnie
23-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Why don't you just find a way of tagging it on the end anyway?

Like a tandem?

the_adam
23-09-2012, 06:20 PM
If you were thinking some kind of inline trike that sounds like a brilliant idea...and if not I'd like to claim it as my own :D

Saint aka ML
23-09-2012, 07:47 PM
Less sensible Adam sounds more fun.

He11cat
23-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Adam, please sort it out or shall creep into your yard and moon bug it or glow in the dark sticky planets and stars on it as I like them as well..

Scary thing is back in 1993 a LOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGG time ago I had the moonbug plan for one of my rat bikes and could get hold of many moon bugs the only thing that someone pointed out to me was are they fire retardant. ???

I have never seen a moon bug bike , I am shocked its not been done... and its scary someone else had this plan as well !!!.

I did spider family my honda but someone stole all Mummy spiders children !!

He11cat
23-09-2012, 07:58 PM
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq3/helsinkvampire/03FDBD43-8EB4-437D-AB33-5A8A1BADE1D4-1098-000000F7FEDEBB5B_zpsdcda3508.jpg

Here you go! Now do not eat them :)

the_adam
23-09-2012, 09:05 PM
:D

Minor problem - they're not purple or orange. This means I'll have to come up with different names! My office at work is home to about 20 of them already...the purple ones are called Jeff and the orange ones are called Steve :)

Apparently they burn quite well, there must be some way of fireproofing them though...

He11cat
24-09-2012, 12:45 AM
The one in middle is purple... specsavers!
The silver one is called Archibald Btw....

Im quite tempted to use thousands of them to cover my bedroom walls ..
1. soundproofing from the noisy twats next door and 2. a padded safe environment for my bleak hours.

We used to have a bedroom that was quite silly years back with all the glowing planets and stars music the works .... funnily enough I used to sleep in that room so soundly :) all sorts of strange things I miss those days.... Im basically a big child at heart.

He11cat
24-09-2012, 12:49 AM
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq3/helsinkvampire/007D05ED-B49C-46E9-B51D-878F64CA505B-1314-00000154EAC1BAFB_zpsbe81fe02.jpg

They can keep this one yeeeuk

gary tompkins
24-09-2012, 09:13 PM
I'm 100% behind less-sensible Adam.

And I want to poke sensible Adam in the eye :mand:

Can I be second in line?

the_adam
24-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Form an orderly queue, I'll see if I can lure him out with a buffet :)

Of course the irony of the situation is that those egg mayonnaise sandwiches are possibly the least sensible thing he could ever wish to eat :chuckle: It's also weird how the triangular ones seem to taste so much better than the square ones...