PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion Box

LeMarsu
14-12-2003, 04:53 PM
Ok,

I created this forum, seeing is nearing Christmas holiday and you all have time to think about changes we could do to the club.

So create a new thread with your recommendations, and let’s see what everyone thinks of it.

Sami aka LeMarsu

CK & AK
14-12-2003, 05:22 PM
Great idea Sami!:)

My thinking cap is going on, next week.

In the mean time, my 1st suggestion:
We keep 1 post - on the National events section - to be updated by someone like yourself - with all the 2004 diary of National events? This could be a 'stuck' & also 'closed' thread, what do you think?
Could save people looking everywhere for the 'big meets' etc?
Obviously the regional stuff will still be in their own sections - and also the meet info for the big meets - but one overall 'easy to see diary' could be an idea............

C:)

ps- I'll happily compile this 'National Diary' if you like?

CK & AK
14-12-2003, 05:26 PM
Sami - on reading your post again - do you mean club - or forum?
:confused:

C

LeMarsu
14-12-2003, 06:29 PM
Club and forum why not ?
There are many people out there with interesting ideas to share...

Where it is new events (affecting the club) or changes to the forum I think everyone should contribute hence making the Monster Club all in all the best club.

Duncan
14-12-2003, 06:59 PM
Great idea Sami.

The unwritten rule of UKMOC forum seems to be that Winter's busy posters are seldom seen on their bikes in Summer. I shant names names but we all know one.

Howabout something in the peoples personal details to identify those who actually attend club events rather than just talk about it!!!

Paranoid Dave
18-01-2004, 06:57 PM
Isn't that just cruel?

Surely that's just like saying "I'm a member of this club and do all i can and you're just a waste of time" or are you trying to suggest that we should look at the individuals flagged as "web only members" and ignore them.

To me this is a forum where anyone is welcome, you can say your bit, have a laugh and be part of the club. Hell this forum is probably where the club is strongest, here we are all equal and have a common interest. On the road in the summer one of us may have nothing to do but spend the day on a monster but why should they be considered any more a member than someone who only gets out once a month cos of personal situations, a day job where they are only free at night, can't afford to ride all the time or just have better more important things to do. Maybe that makes them more of a human than just a 'member'.

I know who i'd rather talk to and who can say now what they'll be doing in the summer, what weekend they'll be free or how their circumstances may change.

Maybe some of us are bigger 'members' than others.

pooh
20-01-2004, 11:06 AM
Well said Dave This is a club for all not the elitist few who can spend all there time on there bikes attending every meeting going. To me everybody is wellcome and thats how it should stay.
Only my opinion but you asked.

Ian

Mrs Soup
20-01-2004, 12:57 PM
In any club you'll always find talkers and do-ers and generally the efforts of the do-ers just give the talkers something to complain about.

The best thing about UKMOC is that generally everyone is positive and enthusiastic

So from one of the talkers to all of the do-ers a MASSIVE THANK YOU for UKMOC.

Keep up the good work and I'll keep talking about it!!!!!

superlight3
20-01-2004, 03:45 PM
How about a technical forum with step-by-step photographic guides on the more common/mundane Monster tasks.

Such as; fitting a Scottoiler! Tail chops etc etc.

Members could submit their experiences and the forum could become a concise database instead of somebody rambling thorugh 20 pages trying to find the thread they're after.

Good idea? :confused:

Cheers.

Lee.

Paranoid Dave
20-01-2004, 05:21 PM
good idea indeed if you ask me.

yeh yeh I know, you didn't...

spidermonkey
20-01-2004, 05:27 PM
i 2nd that superlight.
steve

superlight3
20-01-2004, 05:40 PM
Well that makes three of us.

I ask Charlie and Roy..... :rolleyes:

Perhaps we'll get another two votes.

The primary idea is that, for instance, somebody asks about gearing, or oil leaks, or headlamp replacement - you get the picture. It's just that we see the same questions come round again and again and it would be great if there was a one-stop-shop for the most frequently asked questions (I believe that the hip name for this is FAQ).

Cheers.

Lee.

Julie
20-01-2004, 06:07 PM
Any chance that I could do a search on members by location?

i.e. I want to sort on the midlands, leics, derby, notts..so i can contact local members to halp the midlands mob grow.

I check the new members list daily and contact all new local people but i'm sure i'm missing people.

CK & AK
20-01-2004, 06:22 PM
J & R - some of the regional reps have already requested info for contacting new members from Terry & Stuart - and last week Fatbloke said it would be soon.:) Am sure your county rep Kev Bunney is on the case for you.

I know it can be daunting for people new to the club to come along to a meet for the first time (It was for me - and there was only Didge & Harley around in Surrey when I first wandered in) - but - as you can attest, the monster club is a great place to meet new riding mates - and for info about repairs/spares/mods etc

C

Julie
20-01-2004, 06:30 PM
Thanks C
Kev and I do a joint job.

Hes not mentioned it. I'll have to ask him.
I'm going to have to ask for joint area rep. and share it with kev.

Mrs Soup
23-01-2004, 10:37 AM
Lots of us visit with out posting. Is it possible to add a "last visited" timeline to the member profile ?

This will help us with who to contact when we get the regional members lists. No point bombarding someone who's not interested with emails

chris.p
21-03-2004, 04:41 PM
I am new to the Monster club as Cathy my wife has just purchased a secondhand w reg M600 dark with a gloss black tank( this was how the bike was ordered by the forst owner).
How about a section for us novices to the monster range on bike spec for its year & cc, interchangable parts etc etc, unless that is that there a section & I have missed it.:eek:

A forum question, how do I go about getting Cathy able to use the forum under her own I.D.??? or does she have to share mine, or can I change my log in name to a joint one??

Chris.:burnout:

Julie
21-03-2004, 04:47 PM
you'll prob have to do what we do...just use one name.

We use lincoln ducati ..do you?

chris.p
21-03-2004, 06:17 PM
Yep we use Phil at Italia, although we bought the M600 off ebay.

Chris.:burnout:

Banshee
10-02-2005, 12:14 PM
god i need a spell check :D

Sarah
10-02-2005, 02:21 PM
and is there somewhere to report posts? :confused:

Richard_S
10-02-2005, 03:19 PM
yeah...file em up ya ass :p

JR
10-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Great idea Sami.

The unwritten rule of UKMOC forum seems to be that Winter's busy posters are seldom seen on their bikes in Summer. I shant names names but we all know one.

Howabout something in the peoples personal details to identify those who actually attend club events rather than just talk about it!!!

Sarah - Nothing changes as you can see from Duncan's post dated 14/12/03.
Be safe on Sunday.

JR

celt
10-02-2005, 04:37 PM
step-by-step photographic guides would be very cool as loads of people are nervous about taking stuff apart.

A Yerbury
10-02-2005, 05:24 PM
yes, It was inferred that I behave like a fool! I would like to report this to an administrator tout suite, but how?
Outraged of Tunbridge Wells.
ps And Duncan was rude again! ooh the tears and the misery....................ya tits.

Sarah
10-02-2005, 05:27 PM
Sarah - Nothing changes as you can see from Duncan's post dated 14/12/03.
Be safe on Sunday.

JR
Thankyou kind sir :) indeedy nobbut has gone since :( tis more like conversing with the grockles! :eek:
It seems to follow a masculine (present company excepted of course) line from the vilification the slightly illiterate, women & newbies get on visordown, or is one drawing too many conclusions? :confused:

On another note:
hope the weather is good for you this Sat - maybe you & Duncan can post up on Sat night to let me know how the event is?
Am aiming to ride up there with 5 others - 3 of us on Ducati's (only one monster tho) and the other 2 on inline 4's on the Sunday weather permitting :)

Garry Hogan
11-02-2005, 08:51 PM
How about a technical forum with step-by-step photographic guides on the more common/mundane Monster tasks.

Such as; fitting a Scottoiler! Tail chops etc etc.

Members could submit their experiences and the forum could become a concise database instead of somebody rambling thorugh 20 pages trying to find the thread they're after.

Good idea? :confused:

Cheers.

Lee.
What a great idea :D When I did me tail chop, I was a bit hesitant to make the first cut :eek: But if I'd had a pic or two, I'm sure it would've been far less stressful - lets do this :burnout:

Lady-Bob
09-05-2005, 11:59 AM
How about getting the "more" to work on the smilies.

I mean the [more] link does work in that it shows more smilies... but nothing happens when you select one!

Melnie Mouse
09-01-2006, 08:34 AM
well done for doing a great site, but it would more useful and those who forget, to only TICK THE BOX if you want it saved in outbox, rather than by default, cos when you send a message to someone and it's full you end up losing it, and all your work just cos someone's not emptied their mail box! most annoying.... :Furious: :dizzy: :hissy:

thank you.. great work though :) and great new smilies... :flag:

yeharrr
21-03-2007, 10:30 PM
Hey, no one here. Doesn't look like the place has been used for a while. Ah well, try another room. Clip clop, clip clop.

squiffything
22-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Blimey this forum place is like one of those massive castles that has rooms upon rooms and hidden away in some are deep dark secrets that people have forgotten about. I really should spend some time wandering and investigating :)

So who was this rude duncan fella?.........

slob
22-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Blimey this forum place is like one of those massive castles that has rooms upon rooms and hidden away in some are deep dark secrets that people have forgotten about. I really should spend some time wandering and investigating :)

So who was this rude duncan fella?.........

Don't open that door!
It's got nothing to do whether Duncan was rude or not.

squiffything
22-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Hmm history has a way of biting back Sorry if i've offended

Move along please nothing to see here....