PDA

View Full Version : Is it a bad thing...

nik_the_brief
20-09-2012, 04:36 PM
... to degrease various smaller pieces of your Monster in the dishwasher or is it only bad if the missus finds out?

PS - I did run a dishwasher cleaning cycle with one of those bottles of degreasing stuff through it afterwards.

Albie
20-09-2012, 05:25 PM
No its not. Carolines ok as long as I get the worst of prior. Have also used the oven to bake painted stuff if I cannot use the gas bbq. Now that may smell so be careful.

Chris & Nean
20-09-2012, 05:51 PM
This sitinking front loader washing machine issue really stinks nik.

dont waste time and money taking the thing apart trying to clean it... it's infected by bacteria and the only thing thats going to fix it is giving at a couple of days subjected to the sterile making efect these diy cleaning kits provide, (if used properly).

Dose up ur washer with the 'kit' and let it reach correct operating temprature, should take ten mins (by then it should be all frothy) cut the power and lev it till next day, then repeat the exercise of bringing up the temprature again and again as many times as possible without letting the machine pump out, might take severil days.

do this each day as many times as possible (untill u start to stink, because ur still in ur old smelly clothes) eventualy u will have to let ur washing machine rince and spin out ur washing when u can then dry it all. Hopefully your washing machine will smell nice and u can then tell ur mrs how u look after the thing and that sticking in motorbike parts only helps in that it and stops it smelling nasty.

the_adam
20-09-2012, 11:34 PM
It is a bad thing in our house. Although that's mainly because the dishwasher is me. There are very few bits of Monster I'd want to be putting in myself - and as for cycling after passing a bottle of degreaser through your digestive system, I wouldn't reccommend it ;)

On a more serious note, can't see it causing a problem. When I've been stuck I've found standard washing up liquid to be a fairly good degreaser (probably shouldn't admit to that...), the dishwasher should do a reasonably good job of cleaning itself. Maybe give it a wipe/run it empty before putting anything else in there though :)

He11cat
21-09-2012, 02:34 AM
It works :)
So does the oven !!
Fibre glassing in front room doesn't ..

Spraying on kitchen lino doesn't

I am a terrible woman :)

Dishwashers actually don't like them
I find they leave cups and glasses with a pondy smell ?
This included the super rinsey glass thing I had at the bar .
It makes me want to gag.

nik_the_brief
21-09-2012, 07:41 AM
This sitinking front loader washing machine issue really stinks nik.

dont waste time and money taking the thing apart trying to clean it... it's infected by bacteria and the only thing thats going to fix it is giving at a couple of days subjected to the sterile making efect these diy cleaning kits provide, (if used properly).

Dose up ur washer with the 'kit' and let it reach correct operating temprature, should take ten mins (by then it should be all frothy) cut the power and lev it till next day, then repeat the exercise of bringing up the temprature again and again as many times as possible without letting the machine pump out, might take severil days.

Heh heh - with three teenage lads and my missus and me in the house the machine gets used at least twice a day so no chance there. That's okay it was the dishwasher I was using in any event.

It was a bit of a rhetorical question anyway. Everything's fine as it's impossible to tell that the machine was used for such a nefarious purpose as I managed to get the dirty (or is that clean) deed done and the machine properly degreased before she got in from work. The benefits of working from home eh!

mholc123
21-09-2012, 07:54 AM
It's OK as long as your best mate doesn't then accidently let your secret out to innocent un most importantly unaware missus, thats when the 5h1t really hits the fan.

Aside from that as long as you get the main dirt off dishwashers are wonderful for cleaning bits, and the oven is great for baking paint ... Just don't get caught lol.

He11cat
21-09-2012, 04:36 PM
The only dire thing I saw on telly was a woman lobbing her horse manured laden stirrups in with her plates cups bowls ....
That is one I'd draw the line at!

spacemonkey
21-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Well I paid for it so I'll bloody well do what I want with it!! :D

My dishwasher isn't installed yet so I'm in two minds whether to install it in the kitchen or workshop....

Hello Nik- long time no see...

nik_the_brief
21-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Well I paid for it so I'll bloody well do what I want with it!! :D

My dishwasher isn't installed yet so I'm in two minds whether to install it in the kitchen or workshop....

Hello Nik- long time no see...

Hi matey, yarp thought it about time I got back into the land of the living.

I'm surprised you don't have old bits of cadaver in your dishwasher!

the_adam
21-09-2012, 06:08 PM
It works :)
So does the oven !!
Fibre glassing in front room doesn't ..

Spraying on kitchen lino doesn't

I am a terrible woman :)

Think I make a terrible woman too, a recent attempt to paint something indoors resulted in me (carefully) shaving the carpet. Noone's noticed it yet :D

spacemonkey
21-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Hi matey, yarp thought it about time I got back into the land of the living.

I'm surprised you don't have old bits of cadaver in your dishwasher!

Yeah me too- to try and motivate me to do my overdue rebuild...

Oh, and got a machine at work for that! :cool: