PDA

View Full Version : Not quite a new member

nik_the_brief
17-09-2012, 09:36 AM
But hello anyway.

I've been a Monster owner for some years now it's just that the last three have been as an owner with a slightly battered M900 SORN'ed in the garage following a small incident where I (and the bike) came off worse than the car driver who decided to stamp on the brakes in front of me causing me to brake heavily to avoid hittign him and throw myself and my bike down the road.

After much time off with lots of promises to myself to put my bike back on the road the time has finally arrived and I spent the best part of yesterday stripping bits off for a partial overhaul and rebuild. I shall then get her insured, MOT'd and unSORNed.

Consequently you can probably expect a deluge of frustrated new threads about the various obstacles I am bound to run into, apologies in advance.

I'm down in sunny Hythe (that's the bottom right hand corner of the country) and can't wait to get back Monstering round again... Maybe even up to oakdene for a fry-up in teh medium term future to catch up with some old faces and no doubt a lot of new 'uns too.

marchesini
17-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Hey stranger,
glad to see you are alive and well.

Catch up soon.

Simon

PS ... still in training for my black belt - 3 years and counting :(

scrapps
17-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Hello matey glad to see your around again.
Keep you eye on the Kent thread for meets/rides etc.

gary tompkins
17-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Hi Nik

Just so you know.. we don't meet at the Oakdene any more. We use Micky's Diner on A229 Blue Bell Hill

It's still on 2nd sunday every month though - look forward to seeing you again

nik_the_brief
17-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Simon - keep up the good work mate, it's worth it. Once you've your black belt then you can start to learn! ;)

Scrapps - cheers matey, hope Herne Bay's treating you well and that shock's still working. I was up there diving out of HB only last week. A ****e dive offset by a cracking sunset.

Gary - cheers matey - I never thought that Oakdene would change, I hope the fry-ups at Micky's are comparable though!

I may well be picking brains guys, electrics were never a strongpoint and I have a feeling that the problem my bike had when I put her up won't just have fixed itself with the mere effluxion of time!

Cheers all.

JMo
17-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Woop! The return of the best avatar on the UKMOC!

Jx

nik_the_brief
17-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Woop! The return of the best avatar on the UKMOC!

Jx

'lo lovely - how ya doin'?

Blah blah
17-09-2012, 06:35 PM
I remember that avatar...

from the owner of a battered 900 in the bottom left hand corner of the country !

nik_the_brief
17-09-2012, 07:55 PM

from the owner of a battered 900 in the bottom left hand corner of the country !

Heh heh - it's good to be remembered for the right reasons :chuckle:

Albie
17-09-2012, 08:00 PM

Wasn't that bad was it... :mand:

nik_the_brief
17-09-2012, 08:02 PM
It wasn't! It's a bit tired now though.

Rather like meself, slightly less energetic and a wee bit greyer round the temples!

JMo
17-09-2012, 09:58 PM
'lo lovely - how ya doin'?

I'm well... Smeegal, not so much...

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr289/JMoandpiglet/UKMOC/IMG_1061.jpg

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr289/JMoandpiglet/UKMOC/DSC04116.jpg

However, things are all back together now... so hope to see you out and about soon!

Jx

Flip
19-09-2012, 12:10 AM
Seems a few of us old-uns are coming out of the woodwork (and obviously some never went away).

Good to see you again Nik

nik_the_brief
19-09-2012, 08:10 AM
Seems a few of us old-uns are coming out of the woodwork (and obviously some never went away).

Good to see you again Nik

You too Phil - oh the good old days eh!!

stef
19-09-2012, 11:02 AM
allo there !

nik_the_brief
19-09-2012, 11:26 AM
allo there !

Bonjour geezer, hope you, Stef and the Stefettes are all fine and dandy. Greetings from across la Manche matey.

nik_the_brief
10-08-2013, 03:02 PM
I'm still threatening to come back into the fold.

I appear to have resolved my pesky electrical fault - no idea what I did to sort it but it seems to work. Now to start putting her back together again, wire up the rear lights etc. Overhaul the clutch and bleed it (and the rear brakes). New belts too - of course! Once all that's done and I'm happy it'll be time to unSORN my baby and get my rusty old self back onto two wheels - YAY!! :banana:

tricky73
10-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Hi good luck with project