PDA

View Full Version : North Wales/North West - Sat 15th Sept

neilo
13-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Anybody out and about in my neck of the woods this weekend?
Saw 4 monsters last weekend, was it anybody on here?
Anyway, I'll be out and about so if anybody wants to join me, let me know.
If nobody shouts, I might head for Matlock for a change.

john baylis
14-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Hi It sounds interesting I live in Blackpool would be nice to meet up with you I have'nt met up with anybody from the club yet, do you still go if weather is bad. Can you suggest a ride convenient for our locations. Cheers John

neilo
14-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Hi John. I tend to ride in decent weather these days...although I don't mind the cold or wet roads.

North Wales is my playground (some nice roads around here!), so I rarely tend to venture too far away. I can't really suggest a half-way location (but can find my way anywhere), but if you (or anybody else for that matter) have one in mind, let's hear it! :-D I don't mind travelling.

john baylis
14-09-2012, 04:53 PM
I may as well bite the bullet and come down to you I have never been round your area so should be interesting day. I think you are about 80 miles from me should be easy if not boring M55 M6 M56 to the end and then where do we meet up and what time do you fancy. You can pm me your contact numbers if you want me to ring you. Thanks John

neilo
14-09-2012, 09:40 PM
I may as well bite the bullet and come down to you I have never been round your area so should be interesting day. I think you are about 80 miles from me should be easy if not boring M55 M6 M56 to the end and then where do we meet up and what time do you fancy. You can pm me your contact numbers if you want me to ring you. Thanks John

Cool! I would be very pleased to show you around!

Shall we meet at the petrol station at the ASDA in Queensferry? It's easy to find - you can't miss it - it's right off the A494. Postcode: CH5 1TP

Seeing as you're travelling down, I'll go with your timings John... I'll send you a message with my contact details.

See you tomorrow! :thumbsup:

revver
14-09-2012, 09:43 PM
would of loved to come but repairingmy mums roof if weathers good. PLus naughty bike is playing up and not had time too look at it. (b******S)

john baylis
15-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Met Neil 9.00am queensferry asda, then he took me places i could never find again. I know it was north wales I saw mt snowdon had a ice cream in betsy-coed (not sure about the spelling) had full english at the ponderosa cafe which was fabulous, stopped for burgers at a large farm shop somewhere on the A5, in between all this was riding through fabulous countryside dodging sheep on the road, fast overtakes with rev limiter kicking in an absolute fab day with fab weather as well. I did about 320 miles including journey from and back to Blackpool.

Thank you so much Neil for giving me such a wonderful day. The best I've had on the evo. I owe you a big one.

Many many thanks John.

Starter Sprag
15-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Yeah, he knows the roads very well, been out with him too, had a great day then,

shame, I could'nt make it today ! damn

neilo
15-09-2012, 09:24 PM
Great to meet you today, John, and glad you had a good time. Plenty more roads like those here, so give me a shout when you come this way again. I'll have to make it your way sometime, huh?

No worries revver and Starter Sprag...there's always a next time.

singletrack
15-09-2012, 09:49 PM
I might be able to make it next time too - but in the naughty bike :eek:

neilo
16-09-2012, 08:06 AM
I might be able to make it next time too - but in the naughty bike :eek:

Sure, Anne. More the merrier!

john baylis
16-09-2012, 05:24 PM
This has the makings of a good group ride out, good chance for me personally to meet some other members of this excellent forum, all we need is to pick a good dry weekend