PDA

View Full Version : Attempted robbery at Ducati Croydon (InMoto)

simon_g
09-09-2012, 10:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtdN5L0x5B4&feature=g-all-f

Walked in and attempt to wheel out two bikes. Staff (and a few bystanders by the looks of it) fought them off.

Nickj
09-09-2012, 11:28 PM
Cheeky little feckers

Capo
09-09-2012, 11:38 PM
Do they leave the keys in the bikes on the show room?? bit foolish if they do.

9mm I could have plinked them all and not hit a window.

He11cat
10-09-2012, 01:14 AM
Don't know if they have taken the clip down ?
Cant get it to load or find clip...

It's Croydon .... Theres plenty who'd rob their own nans gold teeth there!
I was born and bred there the place had got well rough now.

All the decent Croydon people go to Bromley!

buzzbomb
10-09-2012, 06:04 AM
I visited DucatiCroydon a couple of weeks ago and thought what great staff they had both in both the store and work shop...:thumbsup:

never been to Croydon before...Yeah...:shocked:

NewMon
10-09-2012, 07:15 AM
Jesus! That is so blatant. The staff did incredibly well. I would have been ****ting it especially when they came back with weapons. I thought that guy who pushed the twat over (twice!) did exactly the right thing - pity the moped still worked after that. How the hell were they going to get away - were they going to load the bikes into a van? They weren't going to get very far pushing them!

Kato
10-09-2012, 07:56 AM
I visited DucatiCroydon a couple of weeks ago

never been to Croydon before...Yeah...:shocked:

Geoff, bet that was an eye opener......They'll have the tyres of your rims if you slow down to much in Croydon

mintyhit
10-09-2012, 08:15 AM
...the f*ck?!

Good on the staff for putting up a fight but it is shame they couldn't have subdued at least one of the little f**kers.

Pulling out an iron bar\torque wretch\whatever with intent to strike would have definitely been substantial jail time. :(

He11cat
10-09-2012, 10:10 AM
looks like they are late teens early 20's...
no doubt the stuff they were on was nicked as well...

Someone probably put them up to it.
Cant be that clever to think they would pull that off!!!

Pity someone did not sit on the one they pushed over.

BigOz
10-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Jesus! That is so blatant. The staff did incredibly well. I would have been ****ting it especially when they came back with weapons. I thought that guy who pushed the twat over (twice!) did exactly the right thing - pity the moped still worked after that. How the hell were they going to get away - were they going to load the bikes into a van? They weren't going to get very far pushing them!

A rider gets on the stolen bike then the rider on the Scooter will normally put his foot against the footpeg on the stolen bike and ride off pushing it.
They often only move it a mile or two then dump it somewhere and wait to see it it gets tracked and recovered, if not it is moved on to it's final fate of being broken, rung or loaded into a container to go abroad.

http://www.inter-bike.co.uk/images/stories/features/fea170112/fea170112i.jpg

pegboy
10-09-2012, 01:07 PM
unbelieveable, little f***kers, it's a shame when they rode off onto the road they didn't get hit by a passing motorist

He11cat
10-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Organised but the person up the chain get the little scrouts to do the dirty work.

yup seems in most of these one on a moped or two and one or two scouts...
The fact they came tooled up :(

Saint aka ML
10-09-2012, 06:42 PM
A rider gets on the stolen bike then the rider on the Scooter will normally put his foot against the footpeg on the stolen bike and ride off pushing it.
They often only move it a mile or two then dump it somewhere and wait to see it it gets tracked and recovered, if not it is moved on to it's final fate of being broken, rung or loaded into a container to go abroad.

http://www.inter-bike.co.uk/images/stories/features/fea170112/fea170112i.jpg

Do not know, they could not turn like that but then again criminals do not think.

urbanfireblade
11-09-2012, 04:25 PM
They will be caught soon enough, they won't keep their mouths shut and word will spread and they'll get nicked eventually. Probably 16yr olds known to the police for street thefts. And chances are cctv in store will show 4 teenagers looking at a couple of 1198's a week before.

simontt
11-09-2012, 08:17 PM
I was there the week before - couldn't believe that it actually happened to my local dealer.

Bravery of the staff are highly commendable - they deserve a big bonus!