PDA

View Full Version : Ecu options

d8mok
09-09-2012, 05:48 PM
My 1100s is quite awkward to ride on a steady throttle. I guess this because of the sc project cans , making its fuelling all over the place.

What are the current options in regards to getting it sorted?

Dont wanna spend £600 on a re map.

I also need to put it back to standard for when I sell. Isit best to find a spare ecu on eBay? How much is usual rate for one?

Cheers

Funkatronic
09-09-2012, 06:14 PM
being a faily new bike you dont see many around. also im not sure if there would be fun and games with the immobiliser like on the older bikes if you use another ecu

i guess keep an eye out for someone who has put termis and dp ecu on their bike then written off their bike, but i doubt you would find an aftermerket dp ecu easily

a remap is prob still your best bet i think unless you get lucky

if you need to return the bike to stock, usually the firm doing the mapping should supply you with a usb flash drive with the stock map on that can be flashed back to the ecu should you want to flog it with standard cans on

SunEye
09-09-2012, 06:18 PM
If you have aftermarket cans that are not essentially very different from Termis then the DP ECU and high flow air filter that you can get as a package with the Termis should improve things significantly and make the bike run similarly to how it would with Termis.

If you can find a second hand DP ECU that is probably the cheapest option to sort the fuelling. Not sure of the cost second hand, but new they cost a lot by themselves (over £800 for the DP ECU for the M1100 Evo), so I wouldn't be surprised to have to pay £300-£400. If you're lucky you'll find someone selling one who bought if with Termis and doesn't know how much they cost by themselves and grab yourself a bargain.

For about £500-£600 you could have the stock ECU custom remapped which would be the perfect solution as it would be tailored to your exhaust and your requirements.

Albie
09-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Have you looked into a power commander.

J.P
10-09-2012, 06:54 AM
By the time you've hunted around for a new ECU on the off chance you'll find one, you might run into problems as said with it not matching the imobiliser , or you've changed the exhaust system for a new one with an DP ecu included and then sold you old one, or you've bought, fitted and had set up a power commander properly, which isn't cheap anyway, you might as well save for a bit longer and get a proper re-mapping of the standard chip.

Or return the bike to standard now and sell your exhausts because unless you spend the money it's just not going to get any better.

A full remapp would be £500.

Funkatronic
10-09-2012, 09:56 AM
power commander is not really an option either because of all the o2 sensor fun and games (unless you spend lots of money on auto tune and getting it setup) by the time you have done that an ecu remap will seem like a cheap option

d8mok
10-09-2012, 05:36 PM
I seem to remember some companies offering to reflash's. Can't remember who though?

Funkatronic
10-09-2012, 06:19 PM
try avanti race parts

citr2cv
18-09-2012, 08:17 PM
just get the memjet from sc projects & remove servo valve & get a duciee all will be so tuneable, with the right fueling

slob
18-09-2012, 08:26 PM
duciee????

autocorrect at work?

BRH
19-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Hi, Go to BSD Performance in Peterborough and get a reflash, take a look at there web page, just google there name.
I had my M1100 done , cost between £250 to £300. The difference is great, no more low speed chug and a much smoother ride.