PDA

View Full Version : Hi there

Tib
03-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Hi,
this is Tib, I got my firs bike, a Monster 600 from 2000 and I love it. I have the bike for nearly 3 months.. I'll put a couple pics

Now I am studying in London at the University of the Arts London and I'm thinking to bring the bike in London so I can enjoy it more :) and maybe I'll get cheaper than the £80 fare for the Oyster.. any thoughts? recommendations? how much would be the /month cost for a M600?

Cheers

Grumpy
03-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Welcome to the club, nice looking bike!
Insurance in London? Depending on your age, where you live and years riding, with no claims, as to how much it will cost.
Best bet is to have a phone around and see what deals are out there.Best of luck.

He11cat
04-09-2012, 12:25 AM
That's a pretty monster !
Hi and welcome :)

slob
04-09-2012, 12:28 AM
...and also if you have somewhere safe to park it (garage!)

hello and welcome

singletrack
04-09-2012, 06:50 AM
Hi tib. Welcome to :ukm:

I have no idea about costs of running a Monster in London but it is a very pretty bike.

neilo
04-09-2012, 06:56 AM
Greetings!

Tib
04-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Thank you all! Glad you like my little Monster :P
I didn't mentioned that the bike is currently in Romania, it's registered there, assured and everything
I found someone who ca help me to bring it here in London but about the parking.. I don't know yet.. I'll have to check.

best

Tib

LVC
04-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Welcome to the family.

Personally I'd leave the bike where it is and buy a cheapie scooter to get around London with. I'd be way too scared of having someone steal it or damage it to use a Monster in London without a very secure garage both at the home and work/uni.

J.P
04-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Slob is right. Where you park it is going to be your biggest problem & keeping it safe.
There are lots of owners that use them for commuting in London. You might find that a conversion of the front sprocket to a 14 tooth sprocket vs a standard 15 tooth sprocket will help town riding.

Tib
06-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Thanks guys, looks like parking would be the biggest problem in London (I wasn't aware of that!)
I'll check at my Uni for parking.. and maybe at home I can take the bike in the back garden locked (cable/chain lock) and covered?
and J.P, yes I know about the ratio I was thinking to add 2 teeth to the rear sprocket? found one on ebay

Tib

bluep
09-09-2012, 08:17 PM
I was quoted nearly £600 for annual insurance for a m695 kept locked in a garage in London but its the parking during the day that would worry me the most. That said, I was at UCL for 3 years and rode a very eye catching 1953 BSA Bantum to uni every day, chained it up along side all the push bikes (with a cheapo lock), and no-one ever stole it. To be fair, it was only worth about a grand, but you could just pick it up...one handed...and it looked like it might be worth more than it was!

Nickj
09-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Nicely painted Tib, makes the tank look bigger.

Might well be safer being in Romania, though it would be a shame not to get out and about to meet up with some of us.

Tib
12-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Nicely painted Tib, makes the tank look bigger.

Might well be safer being in Romania, though it would be a shame not to get out and about to meet up with some of us.

I would love to meet you guys..
but now I'm really concerned about the security.. :(

cheers

Tib

Tib
13-09-2012, 10:07 PM
..do I have to pay the congestion charge?
or better: considering that the bike is registered/assured in Romania, what else I need to pay apart from fuel and parking in London? any other fees?

thanks