PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding Brakes !

snakey
12-12-2003, 06:37 AM
I have just replaced the rear master cylinder on my 750 sport and cannot get any pressure on the brake pedal. I have tried bleeding the system with the calliper on the bike, and as someone suggested I have taken the calliper off the bike and tried to pump it till the brake pads are touching, but there's
not enough pressure to fully pump out the pistons does anyone have any ideas ( this model has the calliper above the swinging arm) as I spent all day
yesterday trying to get it right and there's still no back brake.

Pete.

:mad:

fatbloke
12-12-2003, 07:15 AM
I had a similar problem and found that if the caliper was held with the bleed nipple at the top it seemed to do the trick, I know you need to be an octopus but it will help if someone gives you a hand.

snakey
12-12-2003, 07:58 AM
thanks - I'll try that, I really want to get it on the road now,as it's completley different to the monster to ride, I was supposed to be getting rid of it once it's finished but I can't see anything wrong in having two Duc's ;)
Pete.

grunter
12-12-2003, 10:41 AM
or use a power bleeder
l8r
grunt

William
12-12-2003, 10:40 PM
Try filling a syringe (the type used for giving a measured dose of medicine to a child, and is available from a chemist) and a short length of pipe with brake fluid, slacken off the bleed nipple and squirt it up. A bit messy but it will move the air in the master cylinder.

Mr Cake
13-12-2003, 08:59 AM
Going to fit my new levers soon. Should I expect any spillage?

Dave