PDA

View Full Version : V clever Gotye Star Wars version

He11cat
23-08-2012, 05:08 AM
Despite Gotye 's " somebody that I used to know " being played to death ( il admit I like the song :( )
The video is simple but clever as well.

This is the Star Wars version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJlbPXZEpRE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

MrsC_772
23-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Ooh, I like that!

StarWars fan art is often high quality parody (Family Guy, lego, Robot Chicken ...)

Must also confess to liking the original Gotye song - heard it again on the radio in the car on the way home from work today, and thought it makes a refreshing change to so much of the crap that's generally on the radio these days. (Wasn't in a Radio 4 news mood this evening, and Radio 3 didn't have anything as jolly as Bach's Brandenburg concertos which were on this morning ...suspect tomorrow it will be back to singing along to Delain CDs. Will pick up the bike from Moto Rapido on Saturday)

He11cat
23-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Hope the bikes ok :)
I actually like the song and video.

There's the other one isn't there?
All of the band playing a guitar.
Usually I am a stick in the mud with music .
But that song I liked least he can sing!

MrsC_772
23-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Bike's ok, thanks for asking. Just needed front wheel bearings replacing as it failed its first MOT last week. Everything seems to have worn out all at once (since May have needed new chain and sprockets, front and rear brake pads, front and rear wheel bearings, tyres ... my fault for actually riding it as opposed to just ogling and polishing it!) Hope Hector recovers from his battery-eating electrical woes soon.

Haven't seen the other song with all the band playing guitar, but as you say Gotye can at least sing, and there's something really original about the minimalist arrangement - I struggled to think of any other music it reminded me of (not quite Nick Cave, not quite Paul Simon, can't say it sounds 60s or 70s or 80s or 90s - just something fresh and interesting)

Mr Gremlin
23-08-2012, 09:50 PM
the one where they all play guitar is a cover..
click (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsoRSI7ei4E)

He11cat
23-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Thank you Mr G that was you who showed me it!
I like the starwars one as I am a nerd!

revver
25-08-2012, 10:31 PM
They are great just spent half hour watching other ones too. Whats happened to hector mel? been in cheddar since monday so not been near a comp all week.

He11cat
26-08-2012, 04:47 AM
Fried his reg rec and battery blew up like a balloon ..,
Lucky gel motobatt so no acid everywhere.
Got new battery but he's got to be checked over and have another reg rec.
Everytime I've been out on him lately he's gone wrong .
Just stupid niggly stuff...
Riding the 400 but suspension is rock hard at mo needs modified shock :(

But 125 to sort first for work hope u had a great time it's lovely there!