PDA

View Full Version : Back in Business - My New S4RS!

mintyhit
20-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Well it’s been almost 10 weeks since the loss of poor Alice - my beautiful custom S4. Despite daily scumtree\eBay searches not so much of a whiff of the bike or any of its parts have shown. I can only conclude that she is gone for good – but not forgotten.

So, as they say, onwards and upwards. The insurance settlement came in and I assessed my options for a replacement. I settled on either an S4R or and RS depending on which came up first. Fortunately for me, it was a latter and on Saturday after a glorious test ride I put the money down on this:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7123/7822272304_6dac9d6a2c_b.jpg

It’s a 2006 trade-in with just over 12k on the clock, 1 owner from new (in his 70’s apparently), full service (with the big 12k done), Termignoni slip-ons, alarm etc… it really is in superb condition. I really wanted to find a blemish or two so I could knock the dealer down with the price but it was in showroom condition… it hasn’t even contracted the flaky engine paint disease yet!

So, first impressions after the test ride? After spending the last 4 years exclusively on the S4 I noticed a few major differences immediately. Firstly, it definitely felt a lot lighter. The combination of the plastic tank and lightened wheels seemed to me to make a big difference and made the bike feel more agile and easier to lean quickly – this could also be those expensive shocks at work. The second major difference was that it felt instantly more comfortable. I think I am so used to the clip-ons on my S4 that I naturally expect my shoulders and wrists to be under strain when riding. The raised bars on the S4RS seemed to take a lot of strain out and it felt much kinder - also the Ohlins suspension felt a lot less jarring that then Showa setup on bumpy roads – I felt I could ride this bike all day and not get tired. Lastly… that engine! Wow, I can’t say I really noticed the extra 25bhp or so over my S4 but, to me at least, it is the refinement of the 999 motor makes all the difference. Where as the 916 motor felt quite edgy and raw the 999 just feels sweet and balanced, it pulls harder and smoother in all the gears and the power delivery is just sublime.

Overall, it was everything I thought it would be and more. The only small criticisms I would make are that the levers didn’t feel as nice as my old ones… for some reason they felt a big and ungainly to me but this can be easily changed. I also felt the clutch was heavier and more grabby and needed a fair bit more sensitivity then the S4 off the lights – I could just be me out of practice though. Oh and finally the sound… my S4 had “race use only” Termis and it definitely had more of an angry bark to the exhaust note. These Termis and stamped with a C marking on top and I think perhaps they are the tamer EU certified pipes (can anyone confirm this?)… it is still loud but I can’t imagine it setting off car alarms like my old bike used to – still I guess I’ll be more popular with the neighbours.

So this turned into a very long post in the end but I am incredibly excited – I’ve got all my bikey stuff here at work and I should be collecting this week. Hurrah!

Oh... and that ridiculous Shell sticker is coming straight off before anyone asks! :)

Qba
20-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Happy for You mate! Enjoy it!

gary tompkins
20-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Nice to see you back on a monster again

Good call on the naff shell sticker too :)

J.P
20-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Hi it certainly looks in tip top condition from the photo.

Having had one & made a number of changes I can suggest the following if you've got a bit more money to spend.

1) you can get rid of the CAT by buying link pipes for a few hundred quid probably. Lightens the bike and will definitely be louder on the exhausts.

2) I really, really, recommend the 14tooth front sprocket

3) I really, really, really recommend having the bike ECU 'remapped' professionally, even if the ECU has been changed to the Ducati Performance ECU. It'll make a world of difference to how smooth the bike runs. I can recommend a couple of places if you like.

Capo
20-08-2012, 12:12 PM
The EU marking is with the db killers installed. The cat is doing a lot of silencing.

damien666
20-08-2012, 12:41 PM
If you have a look on ebay in bike parts, someone is selling evotech radiator and oil cooler guards. I have them fitted myself, very good fit/ quality. starting bid is £29.

slob
20-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Nice one James

steeevvvooo
20-08-2012, 02:31 PM
that is a lovely looking bike. Seem to be pretty rare in red too :thumbsup:

Agree with everything JP said. Decat, sprocket and ECU remap are almost a must :cool:

S4Rs MacK
20-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Welcome to the a'RS'e club, James. Lol. Enjoy, and I concur with JP, get some link pipes etc.

Scott1
21-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Good to see you have bought another one, that's a very nice bike, look forward to seeing it.

Are you going to repaint it like you did the last one?

Diego
21-08-2012, 01:38 PM
awesome bike fella!

Nickj
22-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Nice find. looks very tasty :)

Might be an idea to make a mobile enclosure out of this stuff (http://www.razorwireuk.com/home.htm), maybe hook up to some of this (http://www.electricfencing.co.uk/keepout.asp)to give it a bit more bite.

mintyhit
23-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Thanks for all the comments guys!

I picked up the bike last night after spending most of the week climbing the walls with excitement. I went for a long ride around central London admiring the sights and riding into work this morning was utter bliss after the 10 weeks or so I’ve spent in the Victoria line rat race.

I’m really pleased I found a red one… I fancied a change from white with a red stripe so I went for red with a white strip… haha, imaginative… I don’t think I will be repainting it anytime soon - I hear the red ones are faster anyway! :)

I’ll definitely be getting some link pipes. I’ve always thought the standard cat is a bit of an eye-sore and if it will beef up the sound a bit then I am sold as I quite miss the growl of my old bike, this one sound more like an angry-toy where my old bike just sounded bad-ass… I am wondering if its quietness is also to do with this:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8306/7843338666_da093b744d_c.jpg

Are these pipes different to the race pipes I had on my old bike… or are they the same straight through pipes supplied with DB Kills installed?

J.P. - Yes I’d certainly appreciate some recommendations for places to have the fueling setup properly. Can the standard ECU be remapped or will it need a piggy-back power commander type thing? Also, does a decat\remap up the power much from standard?

I think the most immediate changes I’ll be making are finding an open clutch cover as I miss that “pair of skeletons ****ing in a metal dustbin” sound. :) I’ll also be swapping the orange indicator lenses for clear ones doing something about the mirrors… I think I actually preferred the Micky Mouse ears on my old bike.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8422/7843336186_395e77e8b8_c.jpg

Oh, one last thing I noticed and thought was a bit strange, the headlight on and off switch is blanked off so the headlight is permanently on, is this normal? Not that I am complaining but I'm sure I could switch the headlight off on my s4. :)

simon_g
23-08-2012, 09:57 AM
That's about the time they changed to having headlight permanently on - my 2007 Monster is the same.

Looks great!

J.P
23-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Minty,
Headlights are on full time as standard on the modern bikes.

As for remapping, they break into the ECU , regardless of what one it is, and as they do it directly to the ECU you do not need a power commander. Power commanders are so last decade, remapping is the only way to go. A couple of places can do it and well known for doing good jobs, unfortunately not in London. I've used CJS Racing (http://www.cjsracing.co.uk/) near to Bath for a couple of my bikes (1200 Multistrada & 1100 EVO), also BSD Performance based in Peterborough (http://bsd.uk.com/).
I'd say CJS is better because he creates his own computer models where as BSD buy there's in, but both are very good.
With Dyno time & the work, you're looking at about £500, plus a tank of fuel and the getting there etc, and the hanging around for 3 or 4 hours.

It will improve power slightly, but the more important thing is the smoothness it creates all the way through the engine.

mack541
28-08-2012, 10:49 PM
hi guys

i too am a new member of the RS group and here's my new toy,
but ive got a question my Rs is fitted with a stubbie Termi will the link pipes fit the silencer and if so where do i get them from.

cheers all
neil

Capo
29-08-2012, 12:04 AM
As stated, the cans are eu3 compliant with the db killers fitted. Removed they are straight thru same as 'race cans'. I've had both variants stripped and apart from the db killers there is no difference.

mintyhit
29-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Neil: Lovely bike... I think I saw that one for sale a couple of months ago, did you get it from a dealer?

I've been speaking to Joe at spareshack regarding link-pipes, he seems to know what is available. Might be worth dropping him a PM (username: spareshackltd).

I think I am going to go for a set of Spark link pipes to match to my Termi slip ons. It would be nice if I can find a map for this setup and just flash the ECU myself but it appears there is a bit of a monopoly on the software needed and it is not really publicly available without spending thousands. I think I may just have to shell-out for a full mapping session *gulp*.

buzzbomb
29-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Spark link pipes (de-cat) are the ones to buy.

I've fitted three different makes of de-cat pipes and Spark are top's for quality and fit...:thumbsup:

mintyhit
29-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Buzzbomb: Are you using Spark headers with their own cans or with termi's - did you have them setup professionally? Any pics? :)

Sorry for the barrage of questions.

DESMO16
29-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Hi All,

Ive got a S4Rs and have fitted it with Termi cans and spark de-cat pipe.
The Termis were supplied new with performance Airbox and DP ECU.
I had it all fitted and set up proffesionally and we achieved just under 130bhp at the wheel.
I run her with no DB killers and it sounds lovely but most of the increased sound track came from the cat removal.

Big thumbs up for Joe at Spareshack and the great quality of the Spark pipe!

Quick photo of finished job

Altaian
03-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Awesome bike Mintyhit, picture really doesn't do the S4RS justice after seeing her in the flesh. Shame you had to get a replacement though. Hope the ownership gives you as much if not more pleasure.

J.P
03-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Looks very smart indeed Desmo.

Lochy
13-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Very nice bikes here, the family is growing.....:D

regards the mods......when you do full exhaust system, also open the airbox (cut the top off) - the noise is addictive :D :D

regards the ECU - if you have full system as Zard, Arrow or Termi, you can use some shops with REXXER as they have correct map for these systems and cost is just under £200, if you have mix system (some slipons+link pipes) I would go for custom map.

mintyhit
14-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Ha, yeah the Termi slip-on kit come with the “Ducati Performance Air Box”… basically a standard air box that looks like it has been rather clumsily attacked with a hacksaw! :)

Do you have a picture of yours then Lochy? I’ll keep an eye out for you in London.

Lochy
14-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Ha, yeah the Termi slip-on kit come with the “Ducati Performance Air Box”… basically a standard air box that looks like it has been rather clumsily attacked with a hacksaw! :)

Do you have a picture of yours then Lochy? I’ll keep an eye out for you in London.

yes its how looks my DP airbox too....:D :D

here are few pictures.....

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=43416

Capo
14-09-2012, 12:15 PM
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm143/Tarugo996/fc0005cc.jpg

mintyhit
21-09-2012, 09:48 AM
Well, it's been over a month now and I am still totally smitten with my bike... one thing this is winding me up a bit though is:

22mpg!

Not that I am that worried about this sort of thing but I got 51 miles from full tank to light on (10.5lt) this week with only city riding… last week I got 56... my car, that is 7 times the weight and almost twice the power will get more than this no matter how hard I drive it. Oh well, I am all booked into CJS to get the bike setup properly week after next so hopefully something can be done... it must be a mapping issue... unless I have a petrol leak somewhere! :)

Oh, can anyone with the full termi system drop me a PM? I need a small favor! :)

Cheers!
James

Scott1
21-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Interesting one James, I'm a bit perplexed as the GT1000 seems to be a lot better on petrol than the old 696, I'm geting about an extra 20 miles! 22 mpg, how does this compare to the old S4?

mintyhit
21-09-2012, 10:58 AM
Interesting one James, I'm a bit perplexed as the GT1000 seems to be a lot better on petrol than the old 696, I'm geting about an extra 20 miles! 22 mpg, how does the compare to the old S4?

Well my S4 had a broken low fuel sender so I learned (sometimes the hard way) to reset the mileage at every fill up.

For the exact same riding (my London commute) I would always fill up at around the 90 mile mark and manage to get about 13lt in so that about 32mpg on average or 45% more economical that then RS.

The RS is 27% more powerful though than my S4 though so perhaps it isn't that bad.

Lochy
21-09-2012, 11:11 AM
If I do just London commute I have about 65-75 miles till fill-up (10-11L) with full Zards+open airbox+DP race ECU.......

DESMO16
21-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Hi,

My S4RS with full Termi system/airbox/Ecu etc runs to 85/90miles between fill ups.

This is normal spirited riding :mand:

Hope this helps.

Cheers

BeePee
22-09-2012, 10:38 AM
sell it buy an 1100s !
I got about 160 miles from a tank last weekend on a coast run to St Andrews, worked out around 56.4mpg :)

DESMO16
22-09-2012, 02:46 PM
sell it buy an 1100s !
I got about 160 miles from a tank last weekend on a coast run to St Andrews, worked out around 56.4mpg :)

Yes I'm sure it did but not with nearly 150BHP :mand:

BeePee
12-03-2013, 11:40 PM
Yes I'm sure it did but not with nearly 150BHP :mand:
Correctamundo, but why do I need 150bhp when talent gets me past you :)

pegboy
13-03-2013, 07:59 AM
My S2R with full arrows and re mapped/Dyno I only get about 70m before the fuel light comes on, spirited riding it's come on at 52m:D

damien666
13-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Mines doing about 90 to a tank full, with full termi's ( with de- cat), dp ecu/ filter. My biggest gripe with the bike is the small tank. Annoying if your out on a sunday in the countryside and its on your mind all the time where the next petrol pump is.
I think there are a few ally tank alternatives, one from japan and one in usa with maybe more capacity.

pegboy
13-03-2013, 10:37 AM
[QUOTE=damien666;450300]Mines doing about 90 to a tank full, with full termi's ( with de- cat), dp ecu/ filter. My biggest gripe with the bike is the small tank. Annoying if your out on a sunday in the countryside and its on your mind all the time where the next petrol pump is.

I know exactly what you mean when your out riding, it's why I plan the routes and to scared to venture too far out into the unknown, i have had a few close calls. My light comes on and i need to fill up NOW!!!!!!!:worried:

mintyhit
13-03-2013, 11:10 AM
Nice to see my old thread resurrected after a 6 month break. :)

I suppose I should post an update whilst I am here... so I fitted the full Termi 50mm race I sourced from the states plus I flashed my ECU with the DP map.

Words cannot express how awesome the noise is.

J.P
13-03-2013, 11:15 AM
The mileage hasn't improved in that 6 months though, :)

mintyhit
13-03-2013, 11:20 AM
The mileage hasn't improved in that 6 months though, :)

I've stopped caring – I love the bike so much she can have all the fuel she likes. :)

J.P
13-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Can't argue with you there. My 1100 Evo is no replacement in some ways.

Black Bob
13-03-2013, 10:11 PM
What's the tank range on an Evo, out of interest ?

And a 796, if anyone knows that too.

Ta.

'Bob'.

bex
14-03-2013, 12:21 AM
Furthest I've gotten, nervously, with the light on for a long time, is about 130miles.

buzzbomb
14-03-2013, 03:42 AM
Furthest I've gotten, nervously, with the light on for a long time, is about 130miles.

Yes Bex but that's with the gentle touch of a young LADY...;);)

Memories! Oh Memories...:o

Rally
14-03-2013, 06:40 AM

Yes Bex but that's with the gentle touch of a young LADY...;);).:o

And about half the weight of the rest of us! ;) I'm not quite so sure about "the gentle touch" though! She knows how to rag it......

Black Bob
14-03-2013, 11:12 AM
So that's 130 miles for the 796. (Thanks 'Bex' :D )

How about the M1100 Evo then - anyone?

J.P
14-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Pretty early to get neat 130 miles on a tank. But 100-to-130 depending on how you ride it.

Black Bob
14-03-2013, 11:22 AM
Pretty early to get neat 130 miles on a tank. But 100-to-130 depending on how you ride it.

I read that as:

"Pretty easy to get near 130 miles on tank... " ?

If so, that's great.

'cos I ride like a wuss.

'Bob'.

Dukedesmo
14-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Nice bike, shame about the circumstances.

The Monster is dead, long live the Monster... :yoparty:

m.ghallab
03-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Hi guys, great thread.
Really enjoyed. So I have an S4RS '06. Had for two/three years now, and love it to bits.
Few points
1. I used to get 20mpg and now on motorways I can get it to 40ish (100/110miles before light comes on). Ducati pro team is my mechanic, a great guy and he sorted out the fuelling issue basically. The bike Air/Fuel balance was screwed, so it was over burning and back firing etc. Now much smoother, but I have had him done that twice now in almost 3 years, he says I should get a power commander or ECU remap. I have Full Termis Performanice Air, and performance ECU
2. Any one has any clues on bigger tanks, I know california cycles do one that is 16l, wondering if anyone knows about something here in the UK/Europe
3. I am finally gonna do this remap or a powercommander and just wanted to get some feedbacks. I am after smooth ride, economy, power, in that order.

Would love to hear from all of you

Mo

mintyhit
04-04-2013, 10:29 AM
Hi Mo, welcome to the forum.

In regards to the backfiring and over burning – have you ever had the throttle position sensor and idle trim reset out of interest?

These are both settings on the ECU that can be accesses by plugging in a laptop with the right software. The throttle position sensor basically needs to be set at zero with the throttle closed as this can drift over time causing the ECU to think the throttle is still open and injecting excessive fuel on the overrun. In addition to this there is an idle mixture trim, this is allows service techs to adjust the mixture for a satisfactory idle – again this can also be way out.

I’ve messed around a lot with the ECU on my bike (flashing etc.) and the symptoms you describe are exactly those when these two settings are out. If your technician is adjusting a physical screw then he might be compensating for an electronic issue if you see what I mean… which is why it gets worse again.

I’d say before investing in a remap (power commander isn’t required) I’d do the following:

1. Reset TPS
2. Reset Idle Trim
3. Verify map for the DP Full System – the ECU serial should be 96517906B

I did all of these and reloaded the DP map and my bike is very smooth in regards to power delivery.

Oh, no idea about a larger tank - Altaian on here carries a few small oil cans of fuel with him in his backpack for his streetfighter. :)

damien666
04-04-2013, 10:54 AM
besides the ca cycleworks tank mentioned, there's one from japan: www.moto-works/beater/. Any option is going to carry a hefty price. Maybe one day.....

Link won't work. if you google it you'll find it.

slob
04-04-2013, 11:24 AM
http://www.moto-works.jp/beater/

You missed the .jp ;-)

I don't think they're any larger just lighter and a fraction more expensive than OEM

damien666
04-04-2013, 11:49 AM
cheers slob. bloody touch screen phone has a mind of it's own! cursor seems to flick all over the page and not where you want it!

just in case anyone is loaded and is thinking of one, the websites FAQ section says they generally hold at least two litres more.

J.P
04-04-2013, 11:54 AM
he says I should get a power commander or ECU remap. I have Full Termis Performanice Air, and performance ECU.
3. I am finally gonna do this remap or a powercommander and just wanted to get some feedbacks. I am after smooth ride, economy, power, in that order.

Would love to hear from all of you

Mo

Hi. If you get a remap it doesn't matter what ECU you have. They crack in and change the settings that are on the chip. The DP ECU is better as standard than the original ECU, but it is still no match for a full remapping by a professional which takes it much further.

mintyhit
04-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Hi. If you get a remap it doesn't matter what ECU you have. They crack in and change the settings that are on the chip. The DP ECU is better as standard than the original ECU, but it is still no match for a full remapping by a professional which takes it much further.

I really wish you would have kept a copy of your tuned map when you sold your bike JP! Would be really interested to compare it to DP one. Think the tuner will send you a copy if you ask nicely? :)

I don't think the fueling is too fair off with the DP map, going by the state of the plugs/general running etc. but I do think the DP map is retards the ignition timing too aggressively, especially below 4k giving it a slightly lazy pickup.

I can show the differences between the standard and DP map if anyone is geeky enough to be interested.

J.P
04-04-2013, 02:02 PM
I'm sure the difference is pretty big, I know it was for mine once the remapping was done. And the low end problems all come back to EU regulations I'm pretty sure, even the DP chip has to pay lip-service to emmission regulations somewhere along the line, but a remapped ECU doesn't so it can be max power and max smoothness from tick-over all the way through. (I did have a DP ECU anyway before the remapping). The smoothness was the biggest difference, that's was worth the £500.

Peak power was 142 bhp at the rear wheel if I remember correctly on my S4R 998. The biggest improvement was the power curve from 3,000 to 6,000 rpm, as you would expect because that's where the emissions test is, 3,500 rpm or something.

Black Bob
04-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Peak power was 142 bhp at the rear wheel if I remember correctly on my S4R 998.

Christ on a bike. I thought it was a bit bloody quick.

Phatty
04-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Stunning bike. Just made the same move myself. Got an S4 at the moment, which I was going to do red and white like your old one, but picking up an S4RS tomorrow with a red frame and white wheels and bodywork. I can't wait to see the difference. I adore the S4, had no plans to change to another bike but couldn't resist this S4RS when it came up for sale.

mintyhit
04-04-2013, 03:42 PM
You won't regret the decision Phatty... I loved my S4 to bits but the RS is just absurdly good.

Here are the latest pictures of mine with the full 50mm Termi system (good riddance to the udder), DP saddle and a new rad:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2890/9025600874_a2a049cfcc_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8541/9023384287_6068311659_z.jpg

Still desperately need to open up that clutch though - just need to get saving.

J.P
04-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Phatty, you will probably be surprised at how much more power there is.
The red line on mine was up at 11,250 rpm....

J.P
04-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Christ on a bike. I thought it was a bit bloody quick.

Now you know why I miss it compared to the 88 bhp at the rear wheel from the EVO.

J.P
04-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Oh how I miss my baby, but she was 'used' extensively.

damien666
04-04-2013, 04:20 PM
mintyhit, i've got an open clutch cover i'm thinking of selling. Black full cover with horizontal slats. Think it's a DP one.

I can also highly recomend the Evotech radiator/ oil cooler guards for these which are a very good fit/ quality.

mintyhit
04-04-2013, 04:36 PM
mintyhit, i've got an open clutch cover i'm thinking of selling. Black full cover with horizontal slats. Think it's a DP one.

I can also highly recomend the Evotech radiator/ oil cooler guards for these which are a very good fit/ quality.

I'd certainly be interested, any chance you could send me a picture? I'll PM my email address.

I think you are definitely right about the guards, they are on my list. I was bidding on a set recently on eBay but was gazumped in the dieing seconds. Will keep an eye out.

bex
04-04-2013, 05:29 PM

And a bit of a sissy in the rain weren't she?

Black Bob
04-04-2013, 05:41 PM

Beautiful bike.

How could you....

J.P
04-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Because of one or two tow truck trips....

Phatty
04-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Sexy pipes! Mines got the stock rubbish :-((

I'm hoping my Woodcraft cover and MPL clutch plate off the S4 will fit mine?

Not sure what to expect performance wise. I don't consider the S4 to be quick. The ST4S I bought and sold a month later bored silly, I was expecting that to be quick.

mintyhit
12-06-2013, 11:39 AM
At last...

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5322/9024783276_f6166ba94a_z.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5339/9024781086_50912dd3e0_z.jpg

My colleague “Looks good, what does it do?”

Me: “It spins and makes a racket”

My colleague “Yes but does it improve the power or anything?”

Me “No but it spins and makes a racket!”

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3668/9023378603_e441947570_z.jpg

J.P
12-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Brilliant Minty

DavesMLC
12-06-2013, 08:21 PM
At last...

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5322/9024783276_f6166ba94a_z.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5339/9024781086_50912dd3e0_z.jpg

My colleague “Looks good, what does it do?”

Me: “It spins and makes a racket”

My colleague “Yes but does it improve the power or anything?”

Me “No but it spins and makes a racket!”

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3668/9023378603_e441947570_z.jpg

They just dont understand ,do they??!!

PhilH67
12-06-2013, 09:39 PM
Minty that looks the Bees Bollox, just like mine but with better forks and stuff, I've got the S4R Testa. What decat did you get to replace the udder.

Mmmm thinking about getting her mapped properly too.

I got some rad and cooler covers from that ebay for £50 new as didn't like the fact that Evotech has ET embossed in the metal. These are great, put on with lock wire but great otherwise, will get you he link is your interested.

Doing the Tail chop in a week or so as got the kit advertised here.

mintyhit
13-06-2013, 09:31 AM
Hi Phil,

The decat system I have is the 50mm Termignoni system which I got lucky with and found on eBay. If I hadn’t found it I would have probably gone with a Spark decat which I’ve heard is very good. Removing the udder on these bikes is probably the best mod you can do - the power increase is really noticeable, not to mention the noise.

Without spending a fortune on mapping you can actually re-flash your ECU to the Ducati Performance map with a laptop and a special cable – I did this and my bike runs beautifully on it.

Post up some pictures of your cooler covers if you can - I was also put off by the ET logo on the Evotech ones and I am looking for a good set.

Cheers!
James

manwithredbike
13-06-2013, 09:45 AM
fantastic looking bike but there's just too much going on for me. too much silencer, front plumbing system, laptop connections etc. not the naked look that i prefer on a monster.

PhilH67
13-06-2013, 05:44 PM
Hi Minty

I'm definitely on the hunt for decat pipes as the udder is an eyesore. I have a laptop so if you would be so kind as to recommend the link cable and software I can have a go at re flashing mine too.

The following link is for the rad and cooler guard but I'll post some pics over the next couple of days as I'm working away at the mo. they are very good IMO and come with some lock wire to fix on (I'll pic these as well). They're plasticoated so should last the distance and for £50 they're certainly cost effective :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221201315121?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Cheers

Phil

696adam
19-03-2014, 08:35 PM
seriously nice bike...

mintyhit
20-03-2014, 04:11 PM
Haha, thanks for digging out this old thread. :)

I might have to give her a clean now.