PDA

View Full Version : Ups and downs of 2 Monsters

He11cat
17-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Well after the sparkly one decided to not want a fuel sensor ...
He lovingly fried his reg rec and his nice pretty new motobatt.... well its now like a balloon :(
Lucky for me Mr Gremlin came to the rescue and rescued us and got me back home.... The Gremlins are stars.

Only good bit is no acid damage or exploded battery but dam close!!!
Id have been so happy with that not!

We have been blatting about all over the place on the nice evenings and some brave souls have even joined driving Miss Daisy.
We went for a ride through the country and I felt so bad for my companion.
I said I am so sorry :( .
But was told actually your faster then my mate on a bigger bike. (I am slow). yeah yeah I thought thats us banned.

Rather shocked as thought no way in hell will we be asked out again....
Rather more shocked when we have been asked out again :) so much nicer to share a ride .

The little M400 was being grumpy in the morning ... lumpy on the road and just a pain , cans had upset him more its just like its owner grumpy and lumpy.
So today I nipped up to Carl Harrison to ask about a Reg Rec and he kindly sorted little bike out.
he sorted a few niggly things out and the bike feels smoother and happier he really is a wonder with bikes and an all round great chap.

Thought I would ride the wee beasty a bit.

The original plan well was not to go far for long.
5 hours 30 later ......
I arrived home bug splattered and worn out after forcing myself into the Suffolk and Norfolk country side round the back roads.
Only stopping for fuel NO cream teas , pub lunches or larking about I just rode along singing to myself.
Its very very different to the 600 high revving and your up the gear box and away.. nippy but once up to speed it settles..
Its not a fast bike, you have to work with it its more work then a 600.
Mad revvy!!!! where as the 600 is lazy....

My aim is to keep going out , get my confidence back and maybe I shall lump a 900 in the 600... maybe :) but that won't be for a long time yet!!!!!

Yorkie
17-08-2012, 12:20 AM
HC,

I think a 900 smoothly slotted in to a 600 is the done thing!

Having followed you on a ride out, you are a steady rider with no real bad habits, unlike me.

The engine change will make a big difference to the way you approach you riding style.

Luv ya,

Yorkie

He11cat
17-08-2012, 01:27 AM
slooooooooooooooooooooooooooow but steady.... on bike and in mind .

Thats the plan! but got to keep pushing myself.
At the mo I am too rubbish!

He11cat
17-08-2012, 01:41 AM
Oh Suffolk now sucks!! ... I have to keep escaping before I die of boredom now.

singletrack
17-08-2012, 07:32 AM
Oh Suffolk now sucks!! ... I have to keep escaping before I die of boredom now.

Lol I totally agree!
Mel I think one of the best things you could do for your confidence on the bike is a California Superbike school day. It is VERY expensive, but take a year or so to save up ( it finishes at the end of September anyway) and see if you can afford to give it a go next year. It is definitely the best money I have ever spent on my bike.

www.superbikeschool.co.uk

Keep on enjoying the riding, even if it has to be in Suffolk ;)

scrapps
17-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Glad you had a nice long run on the 400 and enjoyed yourself.
I have had a real mix of rides in the last few weeks,The bike is looking great after its winter rebuild plus running well but riding ranges from stunning runs in the sun to frustrating rides where every Pratt in the world seems to out in there cars.
I think i will try a idea i was given buy Steve Randall who gets up at 5:30/6 am on a weekend and goes out for a few hours before all the idiots are up and either stops of for breakfast before riding home or returns home for breakfast. The weather will not be to hot and traffic will be light:thumbsup:

He11cat
17-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Thanks il have a look at that :)

My little bike needs a suspension set up as well I notice the difference between the bikes now a lot!
M400 needs a week at MCT!

I would like a set of the newer forks as well.
I did go out with an instructor again and he said your fine it's just confidence issues.

@Scrapps that's a good plan.
I have raced sunrise a few times.
Go out near dawn ( still dark) then I belt up the coast to a very very easterly point.
The plan being you get to the beach to watch the sun rise.
Head home and nice brekkie usually on route home.

Very me ,

scrapps
17-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Thanks il have a look at that :)

My little bike needs a suspension set up as well I notice the difference between the bikes now a lot!
M400 needs a week at MCT!

I would like a set of the newer forks as well.
I did go out with an instructor again and he said your fine it's just confidence issues.

@Scrapps that's a good plan.
I have raced sunrise a few times.
Go out near dawn ( still dark) then I belt up the coast to a very very easterly point.
The plan being you get to the beach to watch the sun rise.
Head home and nice brekkie usually on route home.

Very me ,

I like your thinking that's a good idea for a club run THE SUNRISE RUN go see the sun rise and then a slap up breakfast.:thumbsup:
Not sure it would get many taker ?

Yorkie
17-08-2012, 11:20 AM
slooooooooooooooooooooooooooow but steady.... on bike

I agree with that, you are nice and steady, and always a pleasure to ride with.

I enjoyed my 11 months in Suffolk, met some nice people there.

Yorkie

He11cat
17-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Thank you:)
And your fun to ride with!

Now I'm back to running with the tractors :(

Capo
17-08-2012, 12:58 PM
I think i will try a idea i was given buy Steve Randall who gets up at 5:30/6 am on a weekend and goes out for a few hours before all the idiots are up and either stops of for breakfast before riding home or returns home for breakfast. The weather will not be to hot and traffic will be light:thumbsup:

My modus operandi fo many years

Reaperman
17-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Suffolks not all that bad, I moved to Derbyshire 6 years ago then passed my test and got my big bikes. Everytime I head back to visit the folks I'm itching to bring one of the bikes to thrash on roads I grew up on.

A couple I know did the coast to coast chase the sun ride, they had a blast. I'll be doing it at some point.

Nickj
17-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Now there's an idea, and with a bit of lateral thinking you could do Doug Chandler in California, Laguna Seca and Buttonwillow.. or Keith Cade days really in california ... Got to beat a damp day at silverstone ;)