PDA

View Full Version : What should Ducati do now?

Pomp1
11-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Now that Rossi is gone..

Grumpy
11-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Breath a sigh of relief!
Maybe sign Crutchlow, new blood can only be good for the breed!!

Yorkie
11-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Bin it and do WSB, I miss Ducati putting heart and soul into the series.

Yorkie

turbod
11-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Use the money they have saved on rossi wages to Concentrate on WSB

Dave G
11-08-2012, 09:42 PM
They need to have a good long hard look at their approach to GP's. It clearly isn't working and for a factory team to think its doing well to mix it with the Yamaha and Honda satellite teams is deluding themselves. It's not about Rossi per se though if he cant make it work then who do Ducatt expect to make their bike magically competitive.

gary tompkins
12-08-2012, 01:34 AM
I agree with Grumpy

They should give Cal Crutchlow a shot at the spare Ducati works ride

JMo
12-08-2012, 06:26 AM
... It's not about Rossi per se though if he cant make it work then who do Ducatt expect to make their bike magically competitive.

Troy Bayliss?

Jx

Pomp1
12-08-2012, 08:38 AM
They need to have a good long hard look at their approach to GP's. It clearly isn't working and for a factory team to think its doing well to mix it with the Yamaha and Honda satellite teams is deluding themselves. It's not about Rossi per se though if he cant make it work then who do Ducatt expect to make their bike magically competitive.

I think that Rossi tried to turn the Ducati into a Yamaha. And Ducati followed him. The truth is that Rossi and Burgees failed miserably. The first was supposed to be "the man with half a second" and the second some kind of wizard. I also think the single tyre rule helps some bikes more than others and we should go back.

jerry
12-08-2012, 12:06 PM
the moto gp bikes engine is awesome but it ties the chassis in knots , something needs to be sorted bigtime ,Ducati have issues listening to their riders inputs same as they never listen to customers issues , wonderful engineering soured by a certain corporate arrogance ,

Kato
12-08-2012, 12:45 PM
Now that Rossi is gone..

Celebrate riotously that the Greatly Overrated Arrogant Tit has finally gone:drunk:....ditch MotoGP for a couple of years until they have a bike and concentrate on WSB:thumbsup:

Mr.Number
12-08-2012, 10:25 PM
They need to stick at it, theres obviously money in the pot bearing in mind what they offered Rossi and who knows what Audi may bring with them financially.

As someone has stated, the engine is a beast, its the most powerful on the grid, Stoner has said this in an interview following his departure. How far can they really be from getting the right balance between power delivery and handling ?

Crutchlow would be a bad move, he cant keep the tech3 on the rubber and would be a disaster on the bike.

Its a shame Stoner couldnt be bought to change his decision, maybe this could happen in a couple of years, I still think he will come back at some point.

Dovi is the way to go at the moment, Ducati have room to improve and I think they will. They wont just stop dead with Rossis departure.

Rossi is a rider not an engineer, Ducati will get this right its just when

Dave G
13-08-2012, 09:19 AM
It may or may not have the most powerful engine, it isn't the fastest anymore though.
And for all Stoners ability to ride it with more success than any other rider he was still on a downward curve at Ducati so he wasn't the solution many would like to think, if he was still at Ducati then he would still only have that first championship.
Stoner won that with an awesomely powered bike, he blasted past everyone on the power, he rarely if ever outbraked and out handled anyone else, that was his style and that bike suited that style.
But it suited no one else and to this day the satellite team pootle around at the back.
'Turning it into a Yamaha' is a fatuous load of bollocks, its a prototype race bike and they need to sort it's problems to enable the riders to race it whatever that problem may be, dogma needs to be thrown out of the window and if that includes trellis frames/carbon frames or any other technical aspect that isn't working then so be it.
It has been brought up before that the engine layout itself is a particular problem and unless Ducati are at least prepared to try something different to disprove that then they may continue to flounder around in the dark providing only a platform for talented rider to end their GP careers on.

We will never know what has gone on at Ducati these past few years, but riders have come and gone and the problems are still there, this makes me think the problems will always be there unless they are prepared to go back to blueprints and look at everything again.

Dave G
13-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Death or glory for Dovi then
http://motomatters.com/news/2012/08/12/andrea_dovizioso_a_two_year_deal_with_du.html?utm_ source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MotoGPMatters+%28MotoMatters% 29

It appears the massage may be getting through, shame it took so long

The deal appears to signal that Ducati has accepted that they need to focus their development on building a bike to suit a traditional Grand Prix style, as displayed by the Italian. It is perhaps a signal to Ducati's new owners Audi that they understand the magnitude of the problem, and that the loss of Valentino Rossi is being taken very seriously indeed.

Pomp1
14-08-2012, 06:29 AM
I think that Rossi tried to turn the Ducati into a Yamaha. .

'Turning it into a Yamaha' is a fatuous load of bollocks, .

Or maybe is MY opinion.And I stand by it.

cosmicknome
14-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Unfortunatly for ducati when audi brought them every body thought great now we have some real money to go racing with, but this turns out no to be true.
ducati produce highly efficent low carbon engines so they are subjected to lower carbon tax.
the ownership of ducati comes under the lambogini umberella, this was done to give lambogini a smaller "carbon foot print" and there for they pay less tax per car produced.
The CEO of ducati was resently given a position on the board of lamborgini group.
It looks like good old ducati is just been used to make lambogini look good.