PDA

View Full Version : Rossi back to Yamaha

Qba
11-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Rossi back to Yamaha from next year:

http://www.yamaha-racing.com/Racing/motogp/news/newsdetail.jsp?Component=tcm:78-506707&PageTitle=Yamaha%20Factory%20Racing%20Press%20Stat ement

Yorkie
11-08-2012, 09:04 PM
I was at least hoping Honda would take him on, now he has to partner with that pumper Jorge Lorenzo.

Oh well!

Yorkie

Kato
11-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Good........about bloody time.....what a tosser he's been for Ducati....good buy and good ridden

Pomp1
11-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Kind of have to agree with Kato there. This whole thing has been bad for Ducati.

uksurfer
12-08-2012, 06:33 AM
:hail: A man of Rossi's talent deserves to be on a decent bike :chuckle:

See ya

:look:

:running::running::running::running:

:on:

Steve Willmott
12-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Hasn't been great for Rossi either, but it's a two way street, the bike is obviously difficult to tame & Rossi didn't meet the challenge. Blame can fall both sides, there's nothing to say the Yamaha will be fastest next year either :D It'll be fun to watch regardless, well it will so long as the grid doesn't get any smaller :spin:

Funkatronic
12-08-2012, 09:43 PM
haha kato, u called it from the start and def get to say 'I told u so'

:-)

damo
15-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Stoner slagging Rossi for leaving Ducati: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2012/August/aug1512-stoner-slams-rossi-yamaha-return/

I pretty much never watch MotoGP but, as a neutral, I have to say Casey is the one getting on my nerves. Who is he to feel and cry for the poor Ducati factory, Mother Teresa?

The contract won't be renewed because it doesn't suit him and at 33 he probably can't sit in the off chance the bike will be title contender in one, two or three years.
And it's not like he has crippled a title winning bike, the last time Ducati won it was in 2007 and since then it's been slowly downhill even with Casey.

Hope Casey doesn't follow football cause with the amount of players and agents f*cking around with their contracts he'd have a cry and a heart attack per day :)

damo
15-08-2012, 10:04 AM
This made me follow Casey and Rossi on Twitter, bracing myself for a war of words, but the only thing is Rossi tweeting the MCN article with the following comment: "my friend Casey is always very nice ah ah ah"
At least there's some sense of humor on one side I guess? :)

Starter Sprag
15-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Rossi is a total tosser, all the crap he talks is bull****, bye bye , I won't miss you a bit

Pomp1
15-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Got to say, Stoner got the last laugh. I was hopefull VR and JB would sort out the bike problems but they didn't..

damo
15-08-2012, 01:37 PM
I guess it's hard for me to understand one's hatred towards Rossi as in all I read or watch he looks like a nice guy (today is a slow day at work so I've googled a bit :p), even takes the above attack with humor.
On the other hand there seems to be a big pile of interviews/quotes/videos of Casey coming as seriously arrogant/bitter.
Maybe it's a marmite thing and I don't get it though..

Both are excellent riders and arguably Casey is the only one who ever got a Ducati to the top but even he moved on after three years of without trophy to get the fastest machine on the paddock. Did Rossi diss him for it at that point?

That aside I hope Ducati will get it right in the coming seasons though, especially as that they have Audi behind they may get some extra R&D cash!

Chris & Nean
15-08-2012, 08:48 PM
The series aught to be called MotoTyre instead of MotoGp; because the whole things about the tyre, and the tyre manufacturer is Bridgestone. Untill the one make tyre rule is ditched its not even racing, its tyre testing ffs.

Rossi is a great motorcycle racer and so is Stoner. Honda, Yam, Kawasaki, Suzuki, BMW and Ducati are great motorcycle manufactures, but the meddlers at the top are killing this sport.

Saint aka ML
15-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Good........about bloody time.....what a tosser he's been for Ducati....good buy and good ridden

Back from holiday are ya? Nice way of saying I told you so :)

Kind of have to agree with Kato there. This whole thing has been bad for Ducati.

But was it good for sales as at the end of the day that is what all of that is about?

Mr.Number
15-08-2012, 10:05 PM
The Rossi / Ducati partnership ran out of time, hes got 2 years left. He wants those 2 titles to be crowned the all time greatest gp rider. Its such a shame Stoner finished as I believe Rossi would have kicked his arse as he will Lorenzos next year.

I dont give a **** whos on the Ducati, as I would buy the bikes over any jap bike anyway.

Capo
15-08-2012, 10:36 PM
The series aught to be called MotoTyre instead of MotoGp; because the whole things about the tyre, and the tyre manufacturer is Bridgestone. Untill the one make tyre rule is ditched its not even racing, its tyre testing ffs.

Rossi is a great motorcycle racer and so is Stoner. Honda, Yam, Kawasaki, Suzuki, BMW and Ducati are great motorcycle manufactures, but the meddlers at the top are killing this sport.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Capo
15-08-2012, 10:39 PM
But was it good for sales as at the end of the day that is what all of that is about?

While racing has an effect on sales, the prime motive for Ducati is passion.

Qba
16-08-2012, 12:56 PM
That says a lot:

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/Stoner+slates+Rossi+over+Yamaha+switch