PDA

View Full Version : Another from sunny lancashire....first Ducati

liverpoolphil
31-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Hi All

Very new to the forum, not spent nearly enough time searching and reading previous threads, but have just done a deal on an 2005 S4, so happy to now be a ducati owner.

I pick the bike up later this week so dont want to post any pictures now, but it is probably the most immaculate bike I've seen (bet most new owners say thia :fou:)

It only has 2000 miles on the clock, and whilst this is obviously the reason for it being so completely 'showroom', I just wonder if any of you more experienced owners can offer some advice on particular measures I should take given its done so few miles.

Complete service including belt change is a given (anyone who can recommend a decent dealer...if there is such a thing LOL) but anything else I should be considering or any general advice would be much appreciated

Looking forward to getting to know you all!!

:):)

urbanfireblade
31-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Hi, best thing to do is just ride it! Me personally, i think its worse for a bike to sit and not be used than it is for it to be ridden. S4r's are nice bikes, there's one i see at my local bike meet and it always gets attention.

Welcome to the forum!:ukm:

Capo
31-07-2012, 10:50 PM
Buzzbomb is in your locality, I'm sure he will be along soon

gary tompkins
01-08-2012, 08:10 AM
welcome to UKMOC

The battery could be knackered if it's the original and not been maintained. If starting is a problem it would be worth gettting a new one.. possibly higher output like Motobat or Odessy

Also tyres may have aged and gone off if more than 2 years old, and if they are still the factory originals they would be

liverpoolphil
01-08-2012, 09:28 PM
thanks for the messages. Bikes booked into ducati johns for major service next week, good price too. Going from the recommendations on here, it'll be in good hands (and a great opportunity to have a good ride out on the bike) :)

fireman sam
02-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Ducati John is a good choice

liverpoolphil
04-08-2012, 09:34 PM
So i picked it up this afternoon, done a hundred miles and what can I say

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q79/liverpoolphil/IMAG1000.jpg

I really really like it, feel very comfortable on it and love its kick. It feels different to any bike I've ridden before (most of the usual suspects) and has a bags of character. I've obviously taken it very easy today but was confident enough to give it a bit of a blast and when I did look at the speedo I couldnt believe what it was telling me. Sounds absolutely beautiful with the sparks system on, and feel the other subtle extras really suit the bike. Had NO plans to do anything to it.....24 hours ago, but now 'watching' a number of items on the bay.

Been trawling the forum over the past few days, really nice place to be (unlike others) and look forward to picking your brains over many other things in the future