PDA

View Full Version : Gilera Fuoco

simontt
28-07-2012, 11:47 AM
Started commuting in the evo 3 months ago, although it can do the job, the engine heat, the occasional difficulty in finding neutral and the gearing all require effort, but most of all I never use more than 33% of its performance ever.

Daily commute involve 40 miles in total from London zone 6 to zone 1 and back.

So have been considering a Fuoco for the commuting duties and the eve for weekend duties.

Does it make sense?

urbanfireblade
28-07-2012, 05:07 PM
If you think it'll do the job and you like/can afford it then go for it. Any idea what their turning circle/steering lock is like?
Or you could go the other route and get an older 600 or so motorbike for commuting job. But tbh i think you'll have loads of fun on one of those Fuoco's! Plus they're a scooter so right at home for commuting on in cities.

Nottsbiker
28-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Weird looking things but look like a scooter that judge dredd would own.

Don't know how good it would be at filtering but I've seen one on the road and it was nippy.

simon_g
28-07-2012, 10:46 PM
I like them, but check out some 250/300cc regular scooters. The 3-wheelers are pretty wide so could be a pain for tighter filtering. That is offset slightly by being really stable at slow speed and you don't even need to put your feet down at a stop.

simontt
29-07-2012, 01:38 AM
I like them, but check out some 250/300cc regular scooters. The 3-wheelers are pretty wide so could be a pain for tighter filtering. That is offset slightly by being really stable at slow speed and you don't even need to put your feet down at a stop.

The added stability is indeed attractive. It's no wider than any maxi scooter so not really an issue. The only other 2 wheeled scooter I'd consider is the Gilera GP800 but that may be an overkill in terms of performance.

Dookbob
29-07-2012, 08:14 AM
I ride a 400 Suzuki Burgman in town, I wouldn't want to be without it, the most useful piece of kit I have ever owned, nothing can beat it from the lights.