PDA

View Full Version : 6 bars this morning!

simontt
25-07-2012, 08:33 AM
The temperature guage reached 6 bars at one point during my daily commute in central London this morning, for the first time. Previously the the highest was 5 bars. I suppose the combination of warm weather and the congestion caused by the Olympic Games lanes did not help (I daren't not filter onto the Games lane in fear of getting a ticket - actually will I get away with it?).

Even at 6 bars there is no warning light showing, but the heat from the engine get very hot when stationery at the lights, although not quite hot enough for me to get off the bike.

Is it normal and should I be concerned about overheating?

Headhunter
25-07-2012, 09:12 AM
4 years of riding in 45-50 degree heat during the summer months and no issues, minus some weight loss, so no. :biggrin:

Don't forget most of Ducati's mass markets are in very warm countries. Enjoy the sunshine!

Diego
25-07-2012, 09:15 AM
Experiencing the same on my London commute on my older monster. I can feel the heat whilst stationary through the jeans.

Nottsbiker
25-07-2012, 11:57 AM
It gets bloody hot in Bologna so I reckon it will be fine mate ;)

pegboy
25-07-2012, 01:05 PM
yes very warm, my s2r is getting up to 105 degrees

simontt
25-07-2012, 02:25 PM
I have to say that heat is something I just have to live with during hot weather (of course it's an advantage in cold weather), where I do not expect to expereince until I start riding my monster.

My experience with other bikes (including a KTM Duke 125, Bandit 1250S and various scooters) seems to suggested it's an ducati only issue. If so, would something like a Diavel S would fare worse with that big output engine?

Saint aka ML
25-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Monster is ok I was getting off so fast from 749 one day I almost forgot a stand down first!!

Dookbob
28-07-2012, 01:55 PM
It gets bloody hot in Bologna so I reckon it will be fine mate ;)

Yeah it gets hot in Bologna, but why didn,t someone tell them that it rains now and again in the UK, then maybe they would fit proper front mudgaurds to them. On second thoughts, no they wouldn't, if it don't look nice the Italians don't want to know do they.

carr01
28-07-2012, 07:23 PM
i started at 12.30 and have managed 12 bars so far! I must really try and eat something !

gary tompkins
28-07-2012, 08:19 PM
I can easily manage six bars in a morning

Lion Bar
Yorkie
King size Twix (counts as two)
Crunchie
Toffee Crisp

Nom.. Nom.. Nom..

http://www.bespokebakery.co.uk/images/testimonial.jpg