PDA

View Full Version : legal cans?

dukiwi
09-12-2003, 02:42 AM
Hi,

So I passed my test, got my license and was all ready to buy....then work sent me to the good old US of A for work for 3 weeks. I'm itchin' to buy that Duke I've been after but will have to wait a few weeks until I get back. In the meantime, I'm thinking about what cans I'm gonna put on her. Are there ANY road legal cans that sound good? Should I even care?

Cheers,
Rich

09-12-2003, 08:07 AM
I'm with Dukivvi on this one. I've got a bit fed up with noisy cans and I've taken the race cans off my other bikes. I wouldn't mind a bit more noise on the Monster but not too much. I would hoever be very keen on hi-level pipes. So question then, has anyone ever modified the standard can in some way, making them hi-level?

Duncan
09-12-2003, 08:19 AM
SIL moto do a road legal std hi level can which I have on mine. A bit deeper than std and not annoying if riding all day.

See my avater

dukiwi
09-12-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Duncan
SIL moto do a road legal std hi level can which I have on mine. A bit deeper than std and not annoying if riding all day.

See my avater

thx duncan. i saw the sils. can i assume that any of the 86db sil cans are road legal and sound better than the stock cans?

Duncan
09-12-2003, 06:43 PM
Just make sure they are stamped with the EC stamp and numbers and come with the homologation cert, then you can prove they are legal.

M900Dom
13-12-2003, 12:27 PM
And my Titanium Termis are for sale;) but only cos I`m selling the bike :rolleyes:

Sounds Gorgeous

And you could even have them in Time for christmas;) :D :D

Cheers
Dom

PS details in the for sale section

Mr Cake
13-12-2003, 12:54 PM
Just fitted low level 105db (oval aluminium) Sils. Very nice indeed!

Dave