PDA

View Full Version : s4 good advice & help

welshman
09-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Can anyone advise

question how difficult is it to change the belts on a 52 plate Monster S4 Ive had the bike from new and after 2 years on the padock stands its time to get the old girl out again

looking for advice on the following

best place to buy a new battery

oil choice semi

Belt change how difficult is it to do , were to buy

i,m out of touch to be honest , look forward to any replies

cheers
john

littlejimmy12
09-07-2012, 09:25 PM
There should be a belt service on youtube

satan916
11-07-2012, 02:40 AM
Can anyone advise

question how difficult is it to change the belts on a 52 plate Monster S4 Ive had the bike from new and after 2 years on the padock stands its time to get the old girl out again

looking for advice on the following

best place to buy a new battery

oil choice semi

Belt change how difficult is it to do , were to buy

i,m out of touch to be honest , look forward to any replies

cheers
john

BATTERY: MOTOBATT (Google it for supppliers online), mine seems to hold it's charge well when not used

OIL CHOICE: I don't use semi, fully synth every time, Motul 7100 is good, again look online for best price

BELT CHANGE: Can't be arsed to do it meself, the worst job (so I'm led to believe) is getting access to the belts themselves ie getting the covers off, I changed the original carbon ones for see-through Rizomas and I can confirm it's a right PITA, then you need to make sure the rollers are ok before putting the new belts on. Luckily I have a "man wot does" and recently he changed mine (along with a dodgy roller) and did the valve clearances for £80, not including the belts.
As for the belts, you'll see a lot of debate on here about which are best, Genuine or after market. Personally I use EXACTFIT belts on both the S4 (part no. TBST4) and 900 Monnie, NEVER had any problems with them, only available from the States though cost about $47 each plus postage. Try www.ca-cyleworks.com or www.gothamcycles.com both ship to UK

welshman
11-07-2012, 08:03 PM
thanks for the tips very much appreciated ....... nice one i will look on line for best prices as advised cheers again

slob
11-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Seconded for Motobatt and fully synth with dry cluch bikes like an S4 (best stick to semi on wet clutch bikes though)

jerry
14-07-2012, 12:48 PM
belt change is easy less then one hours work if you are a competant mechanic ,

utopia
14-07-2012, 03:05 PM
I've only done my 2-valver, but belt changes are simple on that.
I recently got cheap, genuine belts from G-tec, leics, via ebay.