PDA

View Full Version : eBay idiots

He11cat
29-06-2012, 04:15 PM
I was chatting to someone today.
They had a Ducati nose cone I think carbon signed by foggy.
He Ebayed it as needed a clear out.
First chap did not show up.

Sold it again and he agreed to drive to Norfolk to deliver it
Cod I guess .
He is a really nice person .
Just one of those nice people who go out of the way for folks.

Knocked on the door to be greeted by an angry wife.
He said she said" he can't have it! He had no right to buy it , and he can't afford it!!! He's not having it!!!" apparently he said was clear husband was there but hiding! .
She shut the door on him.
It sounds like he was so shocked and stunned he couldn't argue back.

He had to drive home again with part .

How bad is that!!

And hiding behind the Mrs!

I am stunned are their really wife's like that? ????

As for him what a nadless wonder .
He could have at least phoned the guy to say before he drove up :(

Wasta
30-06-2012, 03:38 AM
Ebay seems to be getting flooded by cashless chavs who find it amusing to bid with no intention of buying.

Dirty
30-06-2012, 08:36 AM
What a horrible thing to do. Really feel for the guy who travelled all that way. Lots of nice people in this world who are prepared to go out of their way to help another human being out but when idiots do this to them you can't blame them for not bothering next time. And so the world gets a tiny bit harder.

eBay not allowing sellers to leave bad feedback is one of the worst things they ever did. Just bid away on whatever you like just for fun. No come backs! Idiots!

urbanfireblade
01-07-2012, 02:16 PM
What other sites are there like ebay? I know bumblebee.co.uk (http://www.bumblebeeauctions.co.uk/XcAuctionPro.asp) is the police lost and found unclaimed stuff they're selling off.

BeePee
01-07-2012, 06:01 PM
I bought something recently, paid an expensive post fee but offset it with the opinion the item was cheap enough.
Buyer had my money for 8 days and then contacted to say he was skint and would post the item when he got paid !

He11cat
01-07-2012, 09:25 PM
BeePee..... unreal....
I have sold stuff and had so many non payers or sorry can't have it now :(
I am downsizing gear at the moment should be fun Not!

ritsari
01-07-2012, 10:20 PM
BeePee..... unreal....
I have sold stuff and had so many non payers or sorry can't have it now :(
I am downsizing gear at the moment should be fun Not!

Ebay is full of lying, cheating, good for nothing, chavs, bidding on all things and everything to which they can't afford. rant over

Zak
02-07-2012, 07:07 AM
Is it really that bad?

I rarely use it, buy the odd thing on there, but only had good experiences, I take it I'm lucky and that it's only a matter of time until I get stung?

Z.

He11cat
02-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Especially now you can't leave neg feedback!!!
Yet sellers have that stupid performance dashboard DSI ratings if you don't post within the hour of payment wrap with ribbons and bows and include a compliametary bottle of champagne you get a less then 5 star rating then you loose your free listing days ... and perks ,

People rarely give out 5 stars for anything its human nature ... I mean how many 5 starers do you ever see in Mc Deaths? :)

Dirty
02-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Is it really that bad?

I rarely use it, buy the odd thing on there, but only had good experiences, I take it I'm lucky and that it's only a matter of time until I get stung?

Z.

Buying it's not to bad. Obviously you get the odd problem but it's as a seller that it is really starting to suck.

Nottsbiker
02-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Other annoyance is idiots bidding up bargains to crazy prices, great for the seller if they pay but bad for the honest and sensible ebayer who probably would have paid up on time.

He11cat
02-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Had that the other week :(
It's hard when you really want the item I bid on 2 identical items.
One sold for one price the other £15 more :(

uksurfer
02-07-2012, 06:09 PM
most of my experience with ebay has been good i think as a buyer, i have had a few problems with other buyers though in the past

what niggles me now is the amount of buy it nows and fixed prices, theres so few actual auctions happening on the stuff i seem to want or need in comparison

i think i looked and there was about 500 items for sale and only about 12 were actual auctioned off rather than BIN

He11cat
03-07-2012, 12:00 AM
Oh joy now I have one :(
I sold a very old 3rd Gen Ipod as it was working when I put it away years ago but had a weak battery, but seeing as I can't charge it anymore I am no longer sure if in working order.
Sold as possibly working but maybe not (No charger) 99p start due to this.

"Ipod 3rd Generation 15gb classic I have not been able to charge this. It was in working order but battery life was not good So selling as is / not 100% sure if working now as can't check :( Could be brought for parts or possibly working and I just can't charge it :( Anyway its in used cond the back is a bit scratched the shiny back So going on at 99p ... sold as above"

Says that I am not sure if working anymore.
I said that when they paid and he went mental saying I wanted a working one!!!
Big old rant that hardly makes sense worse spelling then mine!!!

SO WAIT FOR IT.... neg feedack I bet or nasty bloke.
I even paid extra to have it sent signed for as wanted it to get there :(