PDA

View Full Version : Indicators flashing double time, please help

sapone cremoso
28-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Hi you beautiful monsters,

Does anybody know why my indicators are flashing double time as revs rise from tick over.

Have checked all the usual stuff, they are all working fine at tick over and both indicators are doing it on either side under revs, have also checked the wattages and changed the bat. Is the flashing unit, rectifier or regulator next.

Cheers Everybody:ukm::yoparty:

Phatty
28-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Standard indicators? Have you recently changed anything? Just wondering if you've tired some led indicators or something?

What voltage are you seeing, is it increasing as the revs rise?

Pomp1
28-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Reg/rec is almost certainly innocent.

sapone cremoso
29-06-2012, 07:31 AM
They are non standard indicators but are ducati parts and not led, a lower wattage (5W) worked on my old bike but have put 10W's back in on the new one and still have the same problem :shocked:. Thanks for your reply's guys, think i'll try the standard indy's from the old tea tray and if i still have the problem flasher unit next? Cheers

sapone cremoso
29-06-2012, 07:34 AM
Will dig a multi meter out too, thanks again for the advice.

sapone cremoso
02-07-2012, 07:18 AM
The voltage across the bat isn't rising with rev's, well not going up to more than 14.something. Still stumped as to what is causing this :scratch:
Any more idea's greatly appreciated. Cheers

urbanfireblade
02-07-2012, 02:41 PM
Silly question but you do have 4 wired up indicators and not just 2? That would affect it same as when a car indicator bulb goes.

urbanfireblade
02-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Tho if they're flashing ok at idle but flash faster when you increase the revs then that is odd. Not heard of that before. Could it be the relay melted inside? Does it smell of burning?

sapone cremoso
03-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Thanks guys, sorted it last night. Measured the resistance through the indicators and was getting .65 for one and not getting a reading from the other; one was furred up (the .65 one) and there was a very dodgy connection in the other, can't believe they even worked!
Mystery solved :), do feel a bit silly though but they have such small rusty screws i did fancy taking them apart and wanted to blame something else.:fou:
Thanks again for your help :ukm: