PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

urbanfireblade
10-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Hi everyone,
I've recently joined since purchasing my '01 plate 600 Monster a week ago, few things to do to it so i'll be picking your brains shortly!
As for my motorbikes, i used to have a '95 Fireblade in the Urban Tiger colours(hence my username), had it 5 yrs from 2003 till 2007, then a Honda CG125 for a year!, then onto a Kawasaki GPZ500 as well as a Suzuki Bandit 1200 at the same time, sold the GPZ, traded in the Bandit for a new Suzuki SV650s last september. Got bored very quickly so sold it back to the shop after 7 months and ended up buying my Monster! Hopefully this one will be a keeper before i go broke!
I've moved across from the Suzuki Sv.org forum, although alot of them don't actually own Sv's anymore, lol.
I'm in my early 30's(cough, cough:look:). Work in a precision engineering company which means i usually make alot of stuff on the side for my motorbikes!

Nickj
10-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Hey there, hope you have fun with the 600. Not the friskiest of it's range but does the job.
SV's are a good all rounder but a bit characterless, the monsters .. definitely some character there LOL usually good if a bit idyosyncratic

BigOz
10-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Hi,

Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your Monster. Keep an eye on the Region Announcements for things going on locally.

Andy

Zak
10-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Hi and welcome, my first ever bike was an m600, I've owned 6 bikes since then, 3 of them monsters, and all of them Ducati's so it's fair to say you've bought well and she'll truly make you addicted.

Z.

urbanfireblade
10-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Many thanks!
Sv's are ok but there just wasn't any spark between it and me, sooo different with the Monster! I can't quite figure out what it is exactly, but since the test ride, i lost interest in every other bike i was contemplating looking at! Must have had 25+ bikes in my eBay watch list at one point!
Just got a few things to figure out to get the bike running right, got a hesitation at 6K-on to sort, and a reserve light that doesn't want to work!

He11cat
10-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Hope you get it sorted yes they love to have iffy fuel lights which reminds me!!
Had two cases of it this week , must go out and check the wires to my fuel sender on my 600!
Way way different from fire blade and bandit!!
They are not the fastest of bikes.

Id rather the monster then an SV
They have a soul..
See how you get on if that's too ploddy for you then go up the range as there are some real beasts :)

urbanfireblade
11-06-2012, 07:14 AM
Lol ive gotta keep this one for a while. For what I need a motorbike for nowadays its perfect! Commute to work in the week and a run up to the local bike meet place on the weekend. I'll always hanker for something faster and more powerful, its like an appetite thats never satisfied! Tho now im older/more responsibilities its equally nice to ride in a more sedate manner, and I might last longer which is a bonus! :)

J.P
11-06-2012, 07:41 AM
Welcome to the club and you're in the right part of the world for plenty going on.

urbanfireblade
11-06-2012, 12:20 PM
Ive hardly seen any Monsters near me, only exception is the sunday meet at Whiteways, theres a woman who rides an s4r. Looks lush! She's there most times I go.

Nottsbiker
11-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Hey there! There are hardly any near me either so I wouldnt worry about it, instead enjoy the exclusivity ;)

gary tompkins
11-06-2012, 11:22 PM
Jump across the border into Hampshire or Kent

Lots of UKMOC fun and games going on there

urbanfireblade
12-06-2012, 05:05 AM
I may well head Hampshire way soon. I wanna go check out Moto Rapido in Winchester. Tho need to sort the running of my bike before venturing that far.

urbanfireblade
16-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Sorted my avatar, can't for the life of me figure out how to change my 'town/city'. Want to put Bognor Regis in but there's no options to edit this particular detail??? Anyone know how?