PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly running on one carb

lookleft
09-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Hi, I got a Monster 620 '02. When starting up in the morning the idle have from time to time dropped to 1000 rpm. When trying to drive of, there is a substancial lack of power. Sometimes the rpm go back up and power is back. However now im stuck on a low rpm, and it seem that the bike is running on one cylinder only, from time to time , the vertical cylinder kick in for a few sec before it drop out again. :scratch: Anyone got a idea what is causing this?

Text edited, ment cylinder not carburator.....hope it make more sence this time around :)

Gilps
09-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Get rid of the carbs. You really don't need them on a 620.

slob
09-06-2012, 08:32 PM
What he's trying (not) to say is:
Your 620 has fuel injection, not carbs.
You need to determine whether it's a fuelling or ignition problem, then whether it's downt to injectors, coils, ECU etc.
Maybe a visit to your nearest dealer/mechanic is in order.

tomscotland
09-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Could be electrical and you could check your ignition boxes and the box connectors on them. On mine they had just corroded and contact was intermittant. I just got new spade connectors and fitted them for about a £1. Got the connector boxes for about 20pence on ebay and fixed it so easily so you might just want to check this on your bike ? Tom

gary tompkins
10-06-2012, 12:49 AM
Could even be something as simple as a faulty spark plug needing replacing

Pays to check the cheap and obvious things first

lookleft
10-06-2012, 07:57 AM
Shute, I meant to say its running of one cylinder. This is what happen when you combine a long work week and the frustration over the bike not working.:fou:
Thanks for your feedback guys!

utopia
10-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Because of the intermittent nature of the fault, I'd suspect that its an electrical issue on the vertical cylinder.....bad contact somewhere as Tom suggests.

Trent
10-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Could even be something as simple as a faulty spark plug needing replacing

+1

Had a mate come round the other day who was running on 1 cylinder - turned out that one of his Iridium Spark Plugs had died.

lookleft
20-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Finally, new spark plugs and new box connectors, and we are good to go. Happy bike, happy owner! :) Thanks for the pointers guys.