PDA

View Full Version : S4RS mods

wafty cranker
04-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Hi all,

I collect an 07 S4RS tomorrow and cant wait. I sold my 1198 after getting sick of track riding and fancied a Monster again. I had an 05 S4 years ago, and took a S4RS out at the time and loved it.

My question, I`ll be looking for a set of adjustable rear sets for it amongst other things, do you know which will fit and where to get them from?

Any are there any other decent add ons / mods I should do?

Thanks,

Neil

singletrack
05-06-2012, 06:03 AM
Hi all,

I collect an 07 S4RS tomorrow and cant wait. I sold my 1198 after getting sick of track riding and fancied a Monster again. I had an 05 S4 years ago, and took a S4RS out at the time and loved it.

My question, I`ll be looking for a set of adjustable rear sets for it amongst other things, do you know which will fit and where to get them from?

Any are there any other decent add ons / mods I should do?

Thanks,

Neil

Oh dear!
Any other decent mods?
How long is a piece of string?
I am sure lots of S4RS owners will be along to give some advice.
Enjoy your new bike

damien666
05-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Rizoma rear sets can be had from moorespeed racing. someone on here the other week mentioned they may have some at a discounted price. You can get a carbon fibre belly pan from italian ebay. Evotech do frame/ axle sliders and very good radiator/oil cooler guards. Bellissimoto.com do waterpump protectors/ sliders. Qd exbox underbelly exhausts look sweet. It gets addictive! Many more goodies out there, just take a bit of finding.

buzzbomb
05-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Neil if you ring Moorespeed Racing and ask for Tom he might still have the rizoma rearsets that he had on special offer afew weeks ago, I did post at the time but don't know if any one took him up at the give away price,

wafty cranker
05-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Neil if you ring Moorespeed Racing and ask for Tom he might still have the rizoma rearsets that he had on special offer afew weeks ago, I did post at the time but don't know if any one took him up at the give away price,

Brilliant, I will, thanks.

Picked the S4rs up today, had a quick ride out and found a few things :

1. The front was SO SO light! Didnt feel planted at all, and was all over the place when on the throttle.

Now I havent twiddled with the suspension yet as Im guessing maybe people have twiddled over the years and got it all wrong. Ill look tomorrow. Does anyone know of any stock settings? Do I need to raise the rear slightly maybe? Im going to take it on track on the odd occasion also, and will consider a 20mm Ktech kit in the front maybe.

2. There is paint flaked off the engine. I knew about this but was wondering if anyone knows of any decent ceramic enamellers anywhere? Or has anyone had any experience of doing it with the engine split, or without splitting it?

3. Steering damper. Any thoughts? Certainly feels like it needs one.

Ta in advance!

Neil

wafty cranker
05-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Oh, and what size pin do I need for a paddock stand? And does anyone have one for sale?

rollo22
05-06-2012, 05:18 PM
The suspension will need to be set to your weight.
Static Sag front and rear then fiddle with the ride height.

littlejimmy12
05-06-2012, 05:21 PM
2. There is paint flaked off the engine. I knew about this but was wondering if anyone knows of any decent ceramic enamellers anywhere? Or has anyone had any experience of doing it with the engine split, or without splitting it?

Neil[/QUOTE]

I've done it 2 ways. My first experience was with my S2R, I stripped off Rad, Cooler and lines, masked up the WHOLE bike! stripped the paint chemically. Then sanded, and painted with rattle cans. Came out very well but I spenf a lot of time prepping.

My recent attempt on the S4, I dropped engine out of the frame and did the same thing.

Retrospect........save up more money and pay someone else to do this horrific job:hissy::hissy: (he says as said engine is sitting in hallway)

James

littlejimmy12
05-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Oh I'm selling some shorty gold levers that will fit an S4RS

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110891280309?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

final_edition
06-06-2012, 11:37 PM
Was it this one from James Horton, the dealer? If it was, he can set it up for you.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3946330.htm

He has my old 749R up for sale also.