PDA

View Full Version : Taa naaaaaa

griffs
01-06-2012, 11:14 AM
Finally, after many months of work and frustration, the correct documentation was found and the bike is now registered and back on the road where it deserves to be. I am still going to try and persue a CoC for the future though.

Many thanks to all of you who have provided help and steer along the way. Attached are a few pics. The jury is out on the mirrors. Right side has an extention bar as all I see out of the left mirror is my arm.

Although the forks, frame, tank and to a certain extent exhausts look OK aned shiny, the colour of the engine, downpipe and timing belt covers lessen the overall effect and it seems to miss something. Anyone agree.

The next fun part is blingy bling.

As soon as I have clocked up a couple of hundred KM I plan to get it Dyno'd. I have some questions relating to performance improvements as I know this is tuned for the US market and has an ignition remap, so I will post separately.

My immediate look out is for a screen. I did get some input on screens, but realised this was literally screen only.

What I am looking for is the complete headlight cowl. Old or new. Ideally the small one that covers the clocks with just a small clear or tinted screen, not as high as the mirrors. I can't find one anywhere. Any ideas's anyone?

Cheers

utopia
01-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Excellent news.
It certainly looks too good to be kept off the road for the sake of a piece of paper.
Glad you got it sorted.

You might find that bar-end mirrors give a better view, without resort to extensions.
I'm well pleased with my 3inch oberons, but at £65 each they're not exactly cheap.

Capo
01-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Great news, see you at MOB in September

slob
01-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Nice one Griffs

griffs
01-06-2012, 01:49 PM
This is the type of screen I am after. They seem to be rocking horse output.

And I could probably sneak a belly pan past the local tender board.

He11cat
01-06-2012, 02:30 PM
Scrapps made a mini screen may be worth giving him a holla

gary tompkins
02-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Second hand ones do come for sale on ebay sometimes

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=ducati+monster+fairing&_sacat=0&_dmpt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&_odkw=ducati+monster+screen&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Or... If you're not bothered about standard look there are other options to consider

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3998.m570.l1313&_nkw=ducati+monster+screen&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Dukedesmo
02-06-2012, 05:55 PM
How about a Carbon-Fibre screen? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cupolino-Carbonio-D-Performance-Compl-per-D-Monster-/260994686628?pt=Ricambi_e_Accessori_Moto&hash=item3cc47edea4

Nottsbiker
02-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Glad to hear you got it sorted and on the road in the end mate :)

griffs
03-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Thanks guys. Don't know why I don't find them when I search. Posted a question to seller of the carbon to find out if the screen is included. I hope so. Is anyone fluent in Italian :-)

Dukedesmo
03-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Thanks guys. Don't know why I don't find them when I search. Posted a question to seller of the carbon to find out if the screen is included. I hope so. Is anyone fluent in Italian :-)

The one I linked to includes the screen and brackets, as shown.

I have bought from this seller so can recommend him, he has lots of good, genuine Ducati stuff at good prices - worth keeping an eye on his sales...

griffs
05-06-2012, 09:08 AM
:thumbsup:Thanks. I have just ordered one

griffs
06-07-2012, 07:11 AM
Well it has arrived ..[url]]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260994686628?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

It came within 2 days. But this was after I purchased another 2 weeks ago and I posted it to cyber space on ebay (top tip, always check your postal address....)

Super light and carbon, with brackets bolts etc, but no fitting instructions. I hope it is all clear when I mate it up.

2 long bolts, 2 spacers, 1 L bracket and 2 long tubes with a flattened end.

Now I know the bottom goles will fit around the headlight bolts, but where should the long tibes go. There is a funny brace above and behind the headlihjt on the yolk.

Does anyone have a photo of a similar screen that shows the fitting mounts I could use as reference please?

belltj
06-07-2012, 08:48 AM
Would be very interested in seeing how this screen looks and fitted to the bike, a few step by step photos would be superb as i would consider buying one!

griffs
06-07-2012, 08:53 AM
I will do that. I just need to figure out how to do it. Hopefully someone has done it already.

griffs
06-07-2012, 05:15 PM
After searching old posts... do I need this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUCATI-620-IE-600-750-900-MONSTER-HEADLAMP-MOUNTING-BRACKET-/180914204728?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2a1f53b038#ht_945wt_754

to get the screen I bought above to fit? I just cant see how it can fit with the mounting kit it came with. The brackets fit over the headlight and holes line up on the fairing, but no idea where the tubes go.

cactus
06-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Hi, glad you've got your machine on the road. I too am not that happy with the mirrors that are fitted to the bike I have, have you come across mirrors that you're considering fitting? I've done all the usual searching but can't seem to find any that I fancy at a reasonable cost. Can anyone else recommend any good mirrors?