PDA

View Full Version : Hot off the press!!!

Zak
17-05-2012, 09:33 AM
I know that there are going to be a lot off huge sighs of relief at this next piece of news.......

Tomorrow....... My sparkly new, hand made, one off......... Headlights arrive!!!!!

Ta daaaaa!!!!!

Now more importantly, GT, Capo and a handful of others have seen pics when we were at the weekender, and they all approved, and that has to be a good thing.

Plan is to fit them in the next couple of weeks (would do it sooner but am away in Germany for business next week), then the tank is having the new paint job, crank case and swinging arm to be powder coated, remove the cam belt covers altogether (yes i know this is a huge bone of contention on here, but I don't exactly follow the book do I.....), and if I get time I am having a fabricator make me a custom exhaust, just gotta get Yan to do the CAD plans for it (how lucky am I to have another UKMOC member work for me as a designer that can knock up CAD drawings for me and know what I talking about!?!?!).

I told you I'm after bike of the year for two years running, and f*ck me I'm going to do it if it kills me (or the bike). Now where shall I fit this turbo........

Z.

Nottsbiker
17-05-2012, 11:26 AM
Be interesting to see these new lights:)

Char
17-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Hummm... you may wish to read the 'Terms & Conditions'

I think they may be adjusted this year to 'past winners excluded' :rolleyes:

Having said that they havent asked for my Newcomer of the Year award to be returned from 2011 :mand:

utopia
17-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Looking forward to seeing the new headlights (as opposed to seeing the old ones).....:-)
But why the new tank paint....I really liked the old paint job. I hope you're doing it on a spare tank.
Its all immaterial if you take the belt covers off though. I couldn't vote for a bike without them. Still, the engine will probably eat itself before next weekender without belt covers, so the issue will be avoided.
No offence intended. Each to his own, and all that.
Seriously though, for all the work you've put in on the bike, I would council spending a little more on some windowed covers instead.

Capo
17-05-2012, 02:24 PM
I reserve judgement until I have seen them

littlejimmy12
19-05-2012, 11:07 AM
I told you I'm after bike of the year for two years running, and f*ck me I'm going to do it if it kills me (or the bike). Now where shall I fit this turbo........

Z.[/QUOTE]

You may have some competition :biggrin::biggrin:

Zak
19-05-2012, 12:26 PM

Z.

You may have some competition :biggrin::biggrin:[/QUOTE]

I don't doubt it with some of the guys and girls bikes on here, better make sure i do something exceptional!

Z.

littlejimmy12
19-05-2012, 03:06 PM
You may have some competition :biggrin::biggrin:

I don't doubt it with some of the guys and girls bikes on here, better make sure i do something exceptional!

Z.[/QUOTE]

I'm 6 weeks in and already regretting it!!

He11cat
19-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Now now fellas

uksurfer
19-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Still milking the BOTY then....

Char
19-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Dont know what was wrong with the original - looked fine to me :piglet:

gary tompkins
20-05-2012, 12:09 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-GjoH7sjFF58/TWqD2yNEGPI/AAAAAAAAAd4/rW_9ayrzt2Q/s1600/specsavers.jpg

Zak
20-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Still milking the BOTY then....

I prefer the term gloating.

Still bitter about changing between two different categories and not winning either? :p

Zak
20-05-2012, 04:32 PM
[/QUOTE]
I'm 6 weeks in and already regretting it!![/QUOTE]

Oooooh, sounds interesting, do tell!

What are you doing?

Z.

He11cat
20-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Jimmy you have not put a monster headlight on a R1 have you?????

littlejimmy12
20-05-2012, 06:21 PM
I'm 6 weeks in and already regretting it!![/QUOTE]

Oooooh, sounds interesting, do tell!

What are you doing?

Z.[/QUOTE]

Loads!!!! pics will be coming in about 4-6 weeks :yoparty::yoparty:

Monster headlight on an R1 - I wish. Damn site easier than the current project!!!

uksurfer
20-05-2012, 07:25 PM
I prefer the term gloating.

Still bitter about changing between two different categories and not winning either? :p

only thing bitter was the taste in my mouth after seeing those headlights mate.......

Swap categories? that would be wrong and cheating and i wouldnt do either :running: