PDA

View Full Version : Message of thanks after Weekender

slob
16-05-2012, 04:24 PM
To all members of UKMOC
It was a such a delight to see you all at The Arrow Mill, Warks last Sunday 6th May 2012. What a splendid weekend and at least the weather behaved itself.
I enclose the official receipt for your kind donation of £64.40, contents of the bucket and quiz proceeds - to the emergency work of The Air Ambulance.
You know that your gift will be put to good use providing professional, expert, immediate medical care to those that have need of us.
With my warmest thanks to everyone, yours
Jenny Ashman
Area Coordinator

Nonnie
16-05-2012, 04:54 PM
I do want to be like Jenny when I grow up.

She's lovely.

slob
16-05-2012, 04:56 PM
surely you mean IF you grow up

Nonnie
16-05-2012, 05:03 PM
I've been very sensible this week I'll have you know.

Lion carcass and a bee jus anyone?

Taste and smile.

See?

Char
16-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Did Martin say he offered to put his key in the bucket (well that's not what he said but that's what she thought he said)

She was very keen :biggrin:

Nonnie
16-05-2012, 05:33 PM
slob will be devastated, he thought Jenny wanted HIM.

Oh she's a flighty one alright!

Altaian
16-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Lion carcass and a bee jus anyone?

Taste and smile.

See?

Sounds like something on a menu that would make me smile & say "I've chosen"... :freak: Was it cooked on a Braai (BBQ) to get that authentic smokey/burnt taste... :biggrin:

surely you mean IF you grow up

I do want to be like Jenny when I grow up.

Who wants to grow up? Once you grow up you grow old... blx to that!

I wonder what the pot could've had totalled if the carpark had been full... Still a great cause whichever region it's for.

Nonnie
16-05-2012, 05:58 PM
My most lovely Tuesday conversation this week actually taught me something. The best conversations are held on a Tuesday.

The “lion and bees” tin was registered as Lyle’s trademark. The design comes from Abram Lyle’s religious beliefs: it’s a reference to a story in the Old Testament, in which Samson killed a lion, then saw that bees had formed a honeycomb in the lion’s carcass. The bible references Samson’s words that also feature on the tin “Out of the strong came forth sweetness”. The logo and design remain unchanged today.

And THEN I found out that Mr Tate was the founder of the Tate Gallery.

I ask you, who knew that?

Now I feel the powers that control my Tuesday will be very pleased I have passed this information on to others.

My work here is done.

Capo
16-05-2012, 06:49 PM
I always thought they were flies

gary tompkins
16-05-2012, 09:48 PM
They probably were flies really... being a dead lion and all that. But then we are talking about the Old Testament here.

Could just have easily been a Unicorn riding a unicycle on the Tate and Lyle tins.

Great news on fund raising for Air Ambulance though.. just a few more helium party balloons and we should be able to get one airborne

slob
16-05-2012, 09:51 PM
oh yeah...

http://dadsbigplan.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/unicorn.jpg

Thuli
16-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Now I feel the powers that control my Tuesday will be very pleased I have passed this information on to others.

The powers are most definitely pleased and them flies ain't flies; they most definitely be bees.