PDA

View Full Version : Setting up a lever

Karl_h
09-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Hi all,

I've recently spent a bit of money on open clutch cover, new pressure plate, stainless springs, Oberon Slave and Oberon adjustable levers on my 93 M900.
Problem is although it shifts fine and after the first couple of rides I managed to get it in to neutral consistently, I'm still struggling to find the right balance for low speed pootling when the clutch is warm.
You can feel and hear it grabbing. It also feels like when I give the bike a quick blip it frees up a little.
Is there some measurable item I can use to set the clutch travel up correctly?

Cheers Karl.

jamiedan2009
09-05-2012, 08:49 PM
i had the same sort of problem when i fitted oberon levers to mine, problem solved now by adjusting length of the little brass pushrod between lever and master cylinder - filed it down gradually untill clutch worked properly!

gary tompkins
10-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Make sure it's bled out 100%

It sometimes takes several attempts to rid the system of air

Karl_h
10-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Lucky enough to have a vac bleeder so pretty happy it's air free, but it's not something I'd thought of so I'll have a look as its due a service soon anyway.
I've been doing quarter turn of adjustment after every ride, just wondered if I could measure pressure plate lift or similar to know its set?
Jaime have you noticed the grub screw looks further in than it was on the standard levers?