PDA

View Full Version : Visit to Ducati Museum whilst at WDW 2012

Grumpy
08-05-2012, 06:54 PM
There is a possiblity that we will be able to visit the Ducati Museum during WDW 2012.
Those interested in going ,please add your name to the list below to give us an idea of numbers.
Once we have a head count, we will be in a position to see if there is enough interest to make this happen.

James

This will only be possible for UKMOC members who have got a WDW pass through UKMOC, not through other clubs or dealers

bex
08-05-2012, 07:20 PM
I'd love to go.

James
Bex

Stafford
08-05-2012, 07:29 PM
James
Bex
Stafford (depends on date?)

bex
08-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Ditto regarding date...

Nottsbiker
08-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Not going this year but have been to the factory / museum before and can definitely recommend it to any duke owner. Plus the tour guides are pretty darn hot too (well they were when we went) :)

Musty
08-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Not going this year but have been to the factory / museum before and can definitely recommend it to any duke owner. Plus the tour guides are pretty darn hot too (well they were when we went) :)

Agreed. I went last November and I highly recommend it too. The tour guides are indeed well hot, infact there wasn't a single minger of an employee :thumbsup:

Grumpy
08-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the comments, all us red blooded males like a pleasant view, but please keep on topic on this thread!!

buzzbomb
08-05-2012, 09:03 PM
James if the visit could be arranged on thursday so that we could stop off on our way from Milan to Misano that would be perfect, if that works add Richie + his friend,Chris from Desmoworld and myself to the list.

Capo
08-05-2012, 09:12 PM
I'd be up for the Thusday so thats
Capo
Marchesini

Dunno about Max, If his bikes still in the van then he will be with us.

bex
08-05-2012, 09:17 PM
I believe that works well for those of us flying in on the 20th (Wednesday) also.

Grumpy
08-05-2012, 09:22 PM
James if the visit could be arranged on thursday so that we could stop off on our way from Milan to Misano that would be perfect, if that works add Richie + his friend,Chris from Desmoworld and myself to the list.

Hi Buzzbomb,
The thought is to drop in to the museum on thursday, on the way to Catollica.However the possible museum visit will be for UKMOC members, as tickets will be purchased through the club DOC/WDW application.

James
Bex
Buzzbomb
Richie
Chris?

Grumpy
08-05-2012, 09:27 PM
James
Bex (date?)
Capo
Marchesini
Richie
Chris ?
Buzz
Max

Rally
08-05-2012, 10:08 PM
James
Bex (date?)
Capo
Marchesini
Richie
Chris ?
Buzz
Max
Rally
S4RsMack

Char
09-05-2012, 12:02 PM
James
Bex (date?)
Capo
Marchesini
Richie
Chris ?
Buzz
Max
Rally
S4RsMack
Char
Martin

Altaian
09-05-2012, 12:31 PM

I'd be up for the Thusday

Hi Buzzbomb,
The thought is to drop in to the museum on thursday, on the way to Catollica.However the possible museum visit will be for UKMOC members, as tickets will be purchased through the club DOC/WDW application.

Hi Grumpy,

As with the others, I'd be up for Thursday, but I note your words. Slob is trying to arrange my tickets through UKMOC - so I would appreciate it if you can please advise whether this option can include me +1.

James
Bex (date?)
Capo
Marchesini
Richie
Chris ?
Buzz
Max
Rally
S4RsMack
Char
Martin
Altaian +1 (depends on date?)

Grumpy
09-05-2012, 06:50 PM
I thought, due to some comments that have been made by pm and on the thread, I should clarify a few points.

The entry tickets for the museum, as far as i'm aware, can only be purchased with your WDW ticket for any visit to the museum during WDW week.
The tickets we are in the process of obtaining are only available through the club for monster owners and their partners, who reside in the UK.
If you purchase a ticket for WDW independently, you will need to also purchase your ticket for the museum through the same source.

Hopefully this clears any misunderstandings, if however there are any more quieries, please pm me and I will do my best to clarify/ resolve.

MrsC_772
09-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Add me to the list - I'd prefer to call in on the way down on the Thursday as we'd be practically riding past the front door! Would be a nice little birthday treat ...

I hope this time we'd get to do the factory tour and not just the museum (good though the museum was).

James
Bex (date?)
Capo
Marchesini
Richie
Chris ?
Buzz
Max
Rally
S4RsMack
Char
Martin
MrsC_772

yellowfever
09-05-2012, 08:05 PM
James
Bex (date?)
Capo
Marchesini
Richie
Chris ?
Buzz
Max
Rally
S4RsMack
Char
Martin
MrsC_772
yellowfever

slob
10-05-2012, 06:45 PM
This is the answer I got after filling in the tour request form, so it looks like a bit of a free for all when you get there, the good news is no-one get left out for not being a UKMOC member, the bad news is it may be a long wait:

From Tuesday 19 to Monday 25 June, the Ducati Factory and Museum, which is open to the public all year round, will reserve the even warmer welcome for the WDW2012 participants.
During this period it is not necessary to book a guided tour, as they will continue in rotation from 9.30 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Museum will be open to visitors until 5.30 p.m.
On Saturday June 23, the factory will only be open in the morning, from 9.30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The last factory tour will start at 12.00 noon, while the Museum will close at 1.30 p.m., to allow everyone to travel to Misano for the grand finale event on the Saturday evening.
Tour tickets purchased on-site will cost Euros 8. Entrance to the Museum is free of charge.

buzzbomb
10-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Thanks for sorting it out Rob, you are a star!!!

uksurfer
10-05-2012, 07:38 PM
:ukm:

should be good, even if were all a bit hungover from the wednesday nighter...

MrsC_772
10-05-2012, 09:07 PM
For those a little hungover from the Wednesday nighter and in need of perking up on the ride down, I can recommend the cappuccinos served in the various motorway service stations on the main autostrada between Milan and Bologna. I swear they were the only thing that kept me going on the Milan 2010 trip!

Grazie mille to Slob for his perserverance with the Ducati (dis)organisation in respect of the various WDW bookings and events.