PDA

View Full Version : novice question No.1

nid
30-11-2003, 06:54 PM
My beautiful dark 900 monster ie has this strange rev counter thing going on. I don't know if its normal or even if its worth fixing....

When I turn on the ignition, the rev counter flicks to 1000 rpm and stays there. That means that when it is at idle later on it appears to be at 2000rpm but actually am pretty sure i is only at 1000.
So whats going on? has anybody else had experience of this and is there an easy cure? does my rev counter therefore read +1000rpm the whole way up the rev range? (the first 12,000 rpm 900. wow!?!)

Is it worth fixing anyway or am I going to have to do algebra while I bost my way through the traffic? :twisted:

thank you ducastisti mostroes (or whatever the italian is)

NID:D

craigie
01-12-2003, 10:49 PM
I'd check the handbook but I think this is an indication of a problem somewhere, the needle should do a full sweep round and back to zero when everything is okay. couldn't tell you what it means though, hopefully nothing too bad.
good luck

Craig

superlight3
02-12-2003, 10:25 AM
Hi Nid.

On some Monster models the rev counter can be re-calibrated using the diognostic computer, but in this case it sounds like you might just have a dodgy dial..!

It shouldn't cause any problems in day to day running but if you need it sorted best to get it checked out, it should only take 15mins.

Cheers.

Lee.