PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!

Zak
28-04-2012, 02:16 PM
I'm having a one off bracket made for some headlights I'm having built, but there is a huge language gap between us, the guy wants to know my fork details, but I dont know what he would want to know and I can't seem to get a straight answer from him as he doesn't understand my questions (doesn't bode well does it).

Can someone tell me all the details / sizing etc on a 2000 M750 front forks so I can send them to him please!

Thanks,

Zak.

Lima071
28-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Zak are you mounting them on the forks or straight on the headstock?

Zak
28-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Onto the forks..

Zak
29-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Can anyone help with this?

Rally
29-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Surely he just wants to know the diameter and how far apart the centres are between them. Both tasks should be fairly easy to measure if your bike is present? I can't think what else there can be to ask?

Char
29-04-2012, 04:38 PM
how about a translator - what language , few italians on here :hail:

Capo
29-04-2012, 04:39 PM
It is hard answer when there is no question

Zak
29-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Surely he just wants to know the diameter and how far apart the centres are between them. Both tasks should be fairly easy to measure if your bike is present? I can't think what else there can be to ask?

Possibly, but bike isn't present.

how about a translator - what language , few italians on here :hail:

I believe he's Serb-Croat, his questions grammatically don't make sense I just can't work out what he would need.

What are all the standard diameters, sizes and other bits of info related to a stock m750 2000 model.

Thanks.

Z.

Nickj
29-04-2012, 08:40 PM
You'd figure he'd want the fork diameter and if there is a positive or negative offset from the fork leg centres to outer edge of the light shell.

utopia
30-04-2012, 12:10 AM
Suggestion no.3 ....Communicate with him in drawings only.
Suggestion no.2 ....Better still, show him the bike (somehow).
Suggestion no.1 ....Find another fabricator.

This is why I didn't reply earlier, but I think I have exactly the same model/year as your bike and I'm happy to take whatever measurements you need.

Basic dims are :-

Between fork leg centrelines =205mm
Between top and bottom yoke = 179mm
Fork leg dia = 54mm at bottom yoke ...this continues to 141mm above bottom yoke, before reducing.

But I fancy you'll need more than that.....?

Zak
30-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Thanks Utopia, I will forward those details to him now.

He recently completed some fabricating for a friend of mine, the standard is exceptional so in reluctant to give up, I'm sure he has the answer he needs from your info.

Again thanks.

Z.