PDA

View Full Version : Why you need to wear the right gear.

dunlop0_1
23-04-2012, 08:01 PM
I know we all have different stories of reasons for wearing the right gear. I just thought I would share this picture with you all.

I was racing at Snetterton last weekend and had a slow lowside on Friday morning. My foot got trapped between the handle bar and the tarmac. I limped away with no lasting injuries.

The boots worked and at £60 where a lot cheaper than some of the trainers I see bikers wearing.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q289/dunlop0_1/IM002700.jpg

Stafford
23-04-2012, 08:14 PM
At first glance it looked like a pretty gory shot, then I realised it was a boot, Phew!!
Wise words indeed.

Tandy
23-04-2012, 08:59 PM
think you came off at oggies on the new infield from memory dude, that corner is catching a lot of people out at the moment for some reason

hope you enjoyed the new track layout though other than your off :dizzy:

dunlop0_1
24-04-2012, 04:33 AM
think you came off at oggies on the new infield from memory dude, that corner is catching a lot of people out at the moment for some reason

hope you enjoyed the new track layout though other than your off :dizzy:

Yep school boy error, cold tyres. :mad::chuckle: Writhing about trying to get the bike off me must have been quite funny to watch though. :mand:

J.P
24-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Glad they did their job and you're ok.

Is it just me, or does the boot now look like a shark that's smiling ?

the_adam
24-04-2012, 07:27 AM
Glad they did their job and you're ok.

Is it just me, or does the boot now look like a shark that's smiling ?

My first thought was a lizard with its baseball cap on backwards :)

Glad everythings ok anyway, I'm trying to imagine how you managed to get your feet under the handlebars :scratch:

Thirdway
24-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Glad everythings ok anyway, I'm trying to imagine how you managed to get your feet under the handlebars :scratch:

It's no wonder you crashed.
Plase keep your feet on the foot pegs at all times, throttle control and braking are marginal when you use booted feet.:spin::D

Wasta
24-04-2012, 03:32 PM
You had a lucky escape, glad you're ok. I broke my foot on two occasions (30yrs apart) when I wasn't wearing boots. The right gear pays dividends.