PDA

View Full Version : M600 Rearsets

Dirty
19-04-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm looking at getting these (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280809096800?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649). Just wondered if anyone had any experience of them. Are they fairly simple to fit or is there a fair amount of bodging and filing?

I presume I can get rid of the huge silver metal bracket that holds the current rearset and rear footpegs?

Thanks

slob
19-04-2012, 10:24 PM
A mate of mine has SES rearests on his Triumph 675 and the quality seems reasonable and fiiting wasn't too bad, the main thing is to remember (as they state) you'll need a hydraulic rear brake light switch. Remember you will lose any low-level pipe brackets as well as the pillion pegs. If you have high-level pipes you should already have the right spacers to clear the link pipes. IIRC the bolts weren't great but should be quite cheap to replace with stainless ones. I'm not entirely convinced the ones in the photos would all fit a Monster correctly so I'd message them and double check first.

He11cat
20-04-2012, 02:10 AM
I just took a set of SES ones like those off my bike.
They are nice ...
I got them so I could fit some hi levels on.
I am trying to think if I have a photo I will look.

I took them off because I thought they where being fitted and set up to be like my old footrests but they were not.
I struggled with the riding position.
It crippled me.
But I have only a 26 inside leg and damage to my back and after I got down the road I was crippled.

That is not because of quality of the rear sets they are fine and quite nice.

Really hacked off as I may as well of chucked the money down the drain.

Quality wise rear sets are nice and yes they do them to fit monsters :) but as I said and Slob has said about the brake light switch and I had mine on with hi level cans.

Now I have gone back to stock hangers I can't get the hi levels on. I am really baffled as to how I can as they are really nice :( the exhausts are off something other then an early monster I think.

But can vouch that the SES Rear sets are ok and nice just not for a cripple like me.

Dirty
20-04-2012, 03:12 AM
Thanks for the replies. Love this forum!

I already have hi level cans so that should help.

I'll definitely double check everything with them before I buy. I already looked at their brake light switch and they have 2 types so I need to check that too.

I should be ok fitting them myself. I just worry I'll end up having to push it do a 'proper' mechanic!

He11cat are yours for an M600? In silver? Are you selling them?

slob
20-04-2012, 05:53 AM
Brembo master cylinders use a 10x1 banjo bolt (NOT 10x1.25)
I'm just North of the Blackwall Tunnel if you get stuck.

Dirty
20-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Brembo master cylinders use a 10x1 banjo bolt (NOT 10x1.25)
I'm just North of the Blackwall Tunnel if you get stuck.

Excellent thank you. I'm just recycling some old junk on fleabay to get the cash together for it plus new fork seals and an exhaust mod!

Will I need a new banjo bolt then? :dunce:

slob
20-04-2012, 04:46 PM
the banjo bolt is the switch

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTExWDExMzM=/$(KGrHqJHJDUE63ZS!6ZbBPj(dZl2FQ~~60_12.JPG

usually about £10

Dirty
20-04-2012, 06:58 PM
the banjo bolt is the switch

usually about £10

Ahh ok I'm with you now. 10 x 1 got it.

Can't find any UK based switches for the £10 mark. SES's are £20 + P&P

Dukedesmo
20-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Ahh ok I'm with you now. 10 x 1 got it.

Can't find any UK based switches for the £10 mark. SES's are £20 + P&P

£15 delivered here; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Goodridge-BANJO-BOLT-BRAKELIGHT-SWITCH-MOTORCYCLE-m10x1-/310390883499?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item4844bd04ab