PDA

View Full Version : WDW overnight accomodation near Lausanne

Char
19-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Hi All

I have a colleague who lives and works in Morges close to Lausanne

He is happy to find a couple of options of 'off the tourist route' places to stay for a reasonable cost on the Tuesday night 19th June

Inland from Lake Geneva will be cheaper but I will get a couple of options to choose from

Can you please let me know if you are interested so I can get an idea of numbers

Thanks

Char
Martin

Rally
19-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Myself and Dean as well please Char, especially if you want to catch up with your luggage! :D

MrsC_772
19-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Char

I'd be interested.

Thanks!

yellowfever
20-04-2012, 08:26 AM
Me too,

Cheers

David

MrsC_772
11-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Char - any update on the possibility of accommodation in Morges?

I'm starting to get organised and book my accommodation for the WDW trip ...

Grazie Mille

Char
12-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Will update you asap

1st one was a bit expensive but they did do an awsome fondue

Char
15-05-2012, 09:01 AM
OK these are the hotel details

http://www.hotelsavoie.ch/

There is only one single room
3 doubles (big beds)
1 twin

I will update on prices soon (should be a discount from the £100.00 appx per room with breakfast listed) but please let me know if you are still interested and dont mind sharing a bed :rolleyes:

Bikes will be put in my friends garage and we will get some recommendations of dinner in several restaurants within stumbling back distance

He has also suggested using the St Bernhard Pass to get down to our next stop and a visit to see the dogs!!!

J.P
15-05-2012, 09:30 AM
I've been through Lusanne in the summer, amazingly hot and a surprising amount of traffic for such a small place. Best to use the ring road.

Char
15-05-2012, 10:57 AM
I've been through Lusanne in the summer, amazingly hot and a surprising amount of traffic for such a small place. Best to use the ring road.

You've opened yourself up for some abuse there -have you met Gordon?

MrsC_772
15-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Hmm, price of around £100ish per night is rather more than I was hoping to pay, and I'm not prepared to share a bed.

If others are still up for stopping here for a jolly sociable evening, I would too, but if I'd be the only one, I'll find alternative (less wallet-stretching) accommodation.

Either way, thanks Char for making enquiries on our behalf.

Char
15-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Hmm, price of around £100ish per night is rather more than I was hoping to pay, and I'm not prepared to share a bed.

If others are still up for stopping here for a jolly sociable evening, I would too, but if I'd be the only one, I'll find alternative (less wallet-stretching) accommodation.

Either way, thanks Char for making enquiries on our behalf.

OK no probs thanks for letting me know - the single room on the website is £80 before discount but will offer it to others now - but do let us know if you stay nearby and want to meet up in the evening

MrsC_772
15-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Could probably stretch to £75 ish for the single - I'm not totally ruling it out (it's not as if I'm otherwise staying in £35 a night Formule I type places) but I wasn't sure whether others who had previously expressed an interest in stopping in Lausanne would also balk at the price.

If e.g. Yellowfever has already told you he's keen to snap up the single room, I'll see you all in Gallarate, but if Rally & Dean & you and Martin & Yellowfever are all going to be in the La Savoie on the Tuesday night and the single room is still free I'll have it.

Sorry if I'm dithering ...

Rally
15-05-2012, 09:27 PM
I'll get the bikes out the van and blow up the mattress for £40! Lol

It is never cheap in that area, I have been there many times. It is a good place to stop over though.

Albie
15-05-2012, 10:03 PM
I'll get the bikes out the van and blow up the mattress for £40! Lol

It is never cheap in that area, I have been there many times. It is a good place to stop over though.

2 things to remember mate.

1/ Mattress goes fluffy side up.

2/ If cold at night in van. Wear some layers to bed. It may be like a fridge and your NOT a Salad

Rally
16-05-2012, 06:03 AM

2/ If cold at night in van. Wear some layers to bed. It may be like a fridge and your NOT a Salad

Now there speaks a man with experience! Yes guys, the moral of this story is to set up your bed and mattress before you have had four Magners! And, mattresses have a side that is cold and a fluffy warm side, its best to sleep on the warm side when its below freezing. Don't strip off like you're at home, put more on! :D
Maybe I should sleep across the front seats instead as it seemed to work for you. Lol :scratch:

Altaian
16-05-2012, 08:15 AM

Now there speaks a man with experience! Yes guys, the moral of this story is to set up your bed and mattress before you have had four Magners! And, mattresses have a side that is cold and a fluffy warm side, its best to sleep on the warm side when its below freezing. Don't strip off like you're at home, put more on! :D
Maybe I should sleep across the front seats instead as it seemed to work for you. Lol :scratch:

At what point does someone say 'too much detail'... :spin: lol

At least you're only talking about matresses... or are you? :scratch: 'fluffy side up' - where's your sense of adventure? :roger:

Is there not a code of what happens on tour stays on tour... ? :yoparty:

Cheers Char for sorting out potential accommodation. Not sure yet on route or wey-points. If we're gonna be in the same area at the same time I'll let you know, and will have to take a gamble on what's left... I'll let you guys fight over the van option... :woot:

Char
15-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Just had a report from Morges

30 degrees and settled for week - first sunny day they have had in about 5 weeks but looking good

See you all there

Rally
29-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Thanks for sorting this Char. It was a great stop over and with very pleasent views and wine from your friends balcony as well. :thumbsup:

uksurfer
29-06-2012, 04:56 PM
thanks for organising, they were welcoming hosts, great hosting skills, please pass on my thanks for a lovely evening, the local wine and nibbles with a view to die for, and a lovely steak afterwards :yoparty:

MrsC_772
01-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Hi Char,

Just got back this evening - please pass on my thanks to John & Jacqueline for their fantastic hospitality. Thanks also to you for arranging it for us.

Very brave of them to let a bunch of complete strangers invade their beautiful home, and walking onto their balcony with the fantastic views of Lac Leman was one of the "wow" moments of this trip.

yellowfever
03-07-2012, 11:10 AM
What they said!

Cheers

David