PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust questions.

jonzi
19-04-2012, 08:44 AM
Hi

It's exhaust time.

I have decided to go with either the Quat D 2-1 Slimline or the MiVV Suono or Termi's

So question time!

1. The termi's come with the ecu. the others don't. Would I need to get my ECU remapped or someother magic done?
2. Is fitting any of these exhauts something I can do my self? Would I need special tools?
3. Any other thing you wonderful people think I should know?

Thanks UKMOC!

Zak
19-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Hi Jonzi,

1) When fitting any non standard exhaust system I always advise an ECU remap to remove any lumps and bumps with fuelling, plus I get it put on the rolling road before and after fitting to see what improvements (if any) have been made.

2) I don't know your technical proficiency, but Im not as half as good as most on here and I have fitted my own several times and then had it remapped by Performance Red in Cheltenham. You don't need special tools, typical kit for this, nothing but the tools out of most ordinary tool box's will suffice.

3) Dont rev it too much around the po-po, they don't like it!

Enjoy, and if I were you I would go for the High Level Termi's.

Z.

d8mok
19-04-2012, 09:35 AM
Have you considered SC project cans? Thats what i went for, out of all the options and im happy.

Zak
19-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Have you considered SC project cans? Thats what i went for, out of all the options and im happy.

I was also going to suggest another brand, danmoto, great pieces of kit, sound great, well priced and look fab, but didn't want to confuse you with more options!!

Nottsbiker
19-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Why anyone fits those Quat-D things is beyond me as they must stiffle power with their unequal headers and (I'm guessing) baffled internal construction.

Danmoto must be worth a look just because they are so cheap :)

J.P
19-04-2012, 11:49 AM
1) Go with what you like the look of yourself and what you want to spend, and ignore everything else any of us tell you.

2) It's always best to get your bike remapped, even with the standard exhaust and always with after market cans too. It'll always improve the fueling of the standard and will work out any quirks of the after market cans too.

3) the fitting of then cans is really easy and a good tool set will be all you need, it's the feuling adjustment that can't be done with a spanner. :)

d8mok
19-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Who would be best to remap a new style monster?

jonzi
19-04-2012, 12:20 PM
2) It's always best to get your bike remapped...

3) the fitting of then cans is really easy and a good tool set will be all you need, it's the feuling adjustment that can't be done with a spanner. :)

Is remappnig and fuel adjustment the same thing?

jonzi
19-04-2012, 12:20 PM
If I buy Termi's, is it easy enough to fit the new ECU?

Dukedesmo
19-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Who would be best to remap a new style monster?

http://www.cjsracing.co.uk/ :thumbsup:

utopia
19-04-2012, 01:18 PM
You may need a spring puller of some kind.
A looped cable tie may do the job.

Paul_
19-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Have Mivv suono's, put them on myself in 30 minutes. No ECU mods, totally standard and runs faultlessly.

Your ducati tech can adjust the trim on the standard ECU if needed, there is a range of adjustment to richen/lean the a/f if needed.

So long as you run the standard airbox & filter you will be fine.

jonzi
20-04-2012, 01:42 PM
It appears that I will have to spend about a grand anyway, so I think I might just go for the Termi's

A question on the ECU that comes with those.

How easy to fit it? Where is it on the bike?

jonzi
20-04-2012, 02:30 PM
arggghhh.

I can't stop looking at youtube videos of monster exhausts.

The Arrow Dark sound great.

They are Slip ons. Can some one explain what that means please?

jonzi
23-05-2012, 10:08 PM
I bought termi's.

Fitted the ECU, slip ons and air filter.

It's now doing around 85 miles between fill ups, I think before it was around 115 125 miles

Am I doing something wrong? Should the MPG change quite a bit for the worse after fitting those things?

Musty
24-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Sounds about right to me. My bike is definitely more thirsty since I changed to Termi with the ecu from stock cans.

J.P
24-05-2012, 11:10 AM
The new ECU will have changed the fueling anyway, and lets face it, you've probably been riding around giving it a few more revs just to listen to the new sound, so yes, it will effect the fuel use.

jonzi
24-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Thought as much. I have been revving it hard under bridges and through tunnels. It sounds lovely.

Thanks chaps

Nottsbiker
24-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Thought as much. I have been revving it hard under bridges and through tunnels. It sounds lovely.

Thanks chaps

Thats a legal requirement for any v-twin with a fruity exhaust :thumbsup: