PDA

View Full Version : S4R's

meldrum620
29-11-2003, 09:14 AM
Guys,

Anyone know of any S4R's about?

I've heard soime awsome reports in the press but not spoken to anyone who has "thrown their leg over" a it were.

Any thoughts from anyone would be most appreciated before I go do something way stupid to a tad over 8 grand..

Cheers

Al

DesmoDom
29-11-2003, 10:59 AM
Hiya Al,
Have a look in the for sale section, Rob Pepler is selling his S4R.

All the best
Baz

mikef4uk
29-11-2003, 08:37 PM
Yeah there real good-pretty much as the reports say-I went from S4-S4R,S4R motor is somehow smoother and quicker although not as `grunty` lower down,You just need to lift the back/drop the front and wind the rear shock up bit harder.MCN went from 1 turn out comp and 2 turns out rebound to 1/4 out on both-works well enough,Rest of the bikes as you see it-you either like the styling or not! Both Arrow and sil mptor have a zorst that looses the cat,I think the arrow one is better,Loads of DP stuff as well,I saw at the show the DP show bike had a couple of carbon guards that ``hide`` the cat-not in the catalogue yet though.Mines red and just about to get the same stripe as the blue one but in silver(and wheels)-Just to make it more distinctive

fatbloke
29-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Hi Mikefuk
UKMOC was the first in the uk to try the S4r have a look here for a brief report S4r Report (http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/features/s4r_exclusive.php)

berto
07-12-2003, 03:37 PM
:D Ducati Glasgow have a demo(if you are not a tyre kickin timewaster that is)....

jason cursley
08-12-2003, 08:16 AM
I've never ridden any other Monster so do not have a comparison to draw against, however my S4R is fantastic. Far more capable than I am.

I went on it out yesterday and was laughing like a nipper in my lid, its so, so fast. *150mph before you can blink.

Buy one.

*If it was legal of course.

Melnie Mouse
08-12-2003, 09:17 AM
hi, agree with the others, the S4R is smoother easier to ride than the S4 and it's gorgeous in blue/white stripe. CMW have a 2nd hand one with only 800 miles on the clock for sale.. I work there in the clothing department so come up and say hello. The owner of it has many bikes but doesn't ride in winter, so its hardly been ridden.. bring your licences talk to Richard book a test ride... we have a brand new one in red also... but blue is lovely....

hygienist
30-09-2005, 03:41 PM
Hi, i have an S4R superb bike, not so compfy 2 up but loads of fun, ridiculously fast, out performs VTR 1000's (i know cuz i wupped 1) & handling is superb. I am selling mine (wedding forses sale).