PDA

View Full Version : Evotech Tail tidy on a 796

jonzi
13-04-2012, 08:57 AM
I have the tail tidy ready and waiting to go on the bike. However...

I am not the best with stuff like this.

On a scale of 1 to don't touch it, you will break it. How easy is it to fit this so that every thing works?

I have read a few things about the flapper thingy breaking and the CEL light staying on and stuff like that.

Will I need any special tools? I don't have a torque wrench, will I need one?

Don't really want to go back to the dealer to get it done as they said it will be a 2 hour + job.

Thanks UKMOC!

Musty
13-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Quite straight forward job and one of the first things I did on my 696. Nothing really you can break.

I'm PM you a link to the online guide I used.

No special tools needed, some hex keys, spanners and screwdrivers as far as I remember.

jonzi
13-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Cheers!

Hopefully do it this Saturday then

simontt
13-04-2012, 12:10 PM
I asked a car mechanic neigbhour to fit it for me, took him 1 hour 15 minutes with no complication at all, utilised all supplied parts and fit perfectly (see my Avator pic). He took his time to double check so could be done with an hour.

Decided not to fit the ugly reflector which came with the kit and will stick either an Italian flag reflector or the small red round one instead.

The only other comment I have is that there's only 1 single LED as oppose to 3 LEDs on the standard holder, so not bright but it could be handy on some occasions :)

jonzi
15-04-2012, 10:32 AM
It was easier than I thought

http://www.flickr.com/photos/danrhjones/7079446081/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/danrhjones/6933373872/

Looks like I can't attach images from Flickr

Musty
15-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Nice one... you might want to consider getting a smaller number plate, not that we want to break the law of course :D

jonzi
15-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Nice one... you might want to consider getting a smaller number plate, not that we want to break the law of course :D

I got me a littler number plate, but it's put on a bit wonky. But if I don't tell any one they won't notice...