PDA

View Full Version : Ducati Monster 1997 M600 for sale

kolya
10-04-2012, 10:34 AM
I've decided to sell this beautiful machine, it is an absolutely gorgeous example of the bike and rides and works great. It had a rear tire fitted 3-4 months ago, new brake pads, a new rear brake disc, a new chain and rear sprocket, and had a full service last year including new belts, etc. The bike has a healthy MOT until October this year. It has almost £28K on the clock and has up to now been such a dream to ride, but alas I am at the point of moving on back to cycling - my first love.

For me this bike is a luxury and was passed down to me through the family. I have had it 5 years this summer, and prior to that the owner was my dads wife who had it in a garage for 4 years due to a child being born. It had one owner before her who was the person who bought it new.

It needed work to get it to tip-top condition after it's garage hibernation as was expected, and hence it is a wonderful example with very little wrong with it considering its age. It has been kept off the road in a locked compound most of the time in the last 5 years.

Problems with the bike are very limited (for a Ducati) - it is a 1997 carbureted model, has been mainly city ridden but has been to the local counties a few times. It has some battery corrosion damage to the paint on the left side on the engine (I received the bike with this) which was a common problem with the bike when this model came out - it is purely aesthetic. I also just replaced the Ignitors recently thanks to Rich here at ukmonster. Other than that I can't think of any big issues.

The usual wear and tear of 15 years is there, but not like a lot of bikes I've seen - this has been cared for regardless. I received it with 10k on the clock. I have always avoided riding in the rain as it is never fun, and for Spring - Summer and Autumn it is an absolute joy to ride.

When the heat is on the road, it roars like a lion and zips with the grunt of an angry Italian women that everyone has to look at. It sounds amazing and it "parts the seas" with the Remus Carbon exhausts on it (already fitted - the original exhausts are included in the sale) and is not frugal. It has had great care and attention from Rosso Corse and you are welcome to have a chat with the guys there, they know the bike. It had a new left stanchion a couple of years ago, new handle bars (it was pushed over by an old lady while she was parking 3 years ago and they were bent but that was the only damage) and has never been involved in any other accident. It is an ideal city/close counties bike - very quick, chunky yet sleek, sturdy yet surprisingly nimble and sounds the bomb!

I'm throwing in a full-on serious bike lock with it that is probably worth £60-80 or so and my battery trickle charger. It does not have a full log of its history since getting the bike seen to with cash was always a lot cheaper, hence I chose that option, but Rosso Corse have said they are fine to word any information about the bike if anyone wants to enquire. I have receipt for last years service though. It has never been in any accident and was bought at Daytona at The Angel in London, serviced by Marcus (who now works at Rosso Corse).

I can't say any more other than it is a very beautiful bike to own. I'll be posting it on ebay in the next couple of days.

I'm selling for £1350 with all the usual criteria considered with testing the bike. North London N4 based

Any comments I'd be happy to hear.

Thanks for reading. Nik

photos: HERE (http://nikolaskolya.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/m600-for-sale.html)

kolya
12-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Obviously there are some things that stop people from being interested in the bike, any suggestions what they might be by anyone please?

simon_g
12-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Most of us have Monsters that we're happy with! That said, I did buy my bike from a UKMOC member - but you may have more joy with an ebay classified ad just through volume of traffic. The weather is getting nice, the bike seems well priced, you just need more people to see it!

Simon
(fellow N4 resident)

kolya
12-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Thanks Simon. I LOVE this bike, I'm always in 2 minds to sell it, seriously! But now is the time for me, so i hope it will go to someone else who can love it as much as I do.... :)

pegboy
12-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Old N4 now N5 just nextdoor must get out together for the next ride

kolya
12-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Old N4 now N5 just nextdoor must get out together for the next ride

You can "double part the seas" with sweet Ducati din :shocked:

kolya
12-04-2012, 04:58 PM
The bike is now on ebay for any further interest

Ducati on ebay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1997-DUCATI-Monster-M600-RED-/160782450368?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item256f617ec0)

Wildfire
14-04-2012, 12:36 AM
Hi Kolya

I'mm interested in the bike drop me a PM if you're still interested in selling it off eBay.

Thanks