PDA

View Full Version : Termis on new 796

itguy
09-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Hi everyone

I'm thinking about buying a new 796 and would want Termis fitted but probably not straight away (money!).

I can see the kit includes silencers, pipes, ecu and air filter.

I am a proficient mechanic and could easily fit these parts myself but I'm sure I've read somewhere that the ecu needs the fuel enrichment adjusting at the dealer - is this right? If so, anyone know what is involved and if it's just dealer only? I'd have expected them to do it on a rolling road to get it right, but how many dealers have that!???

So, is it possible to home fit?

Cheers

Twentytoo
09-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Their seems to be two views when this has been asked in the past. I fitted mine myself on my 696 and on recommendation of a reputable dealer had nothing mapped. Its worked fine since.....I fitted an Akrapovic and high flow filter on a zx6. I then added a Power Commander v at over £300 and paid £150 for mapping only to be told "It wasn't that far out anyway"......

Barthog
14-04-2012, 08:07 AM
I Had Termi's fitted on my 696 and 1100s both had similar questions asked on forum.
I helped fit the 1100 pretty easy job, good to do as you find out how to remove all the panels once done it makes it easier doing many other jobs.
Once ECU is fitted and you fire up the sys recognises the new ECU and alters the running, and then next time you turn on you see message racing on display.
Spring puller recommended if you don’t have one.
If you don’t have one fitted maybe fit an Optimate Lead/Charger whilst tank is off as you have easy access to battery