PDA

View Full Version : no one is talking...

Pomp1
09-04-2012, 09:19 AM
..about the MotoGP. Anyone watched the race? Good for Lorenzo and probably the season is quite balanced now but if this is the state in which Ducati find themselves in they better ditch the Yamaha frame, and quick..

Mand
09-04-2012, 10:59 AM
I watched it max, thought it was going to be the usual stoner domination and was pleased to be proved wrong. Pedrosa really has to up his game this year else its byebye dani-boy.

The best was cal getting 4th!!

pooh
09-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Great race nice to see Crutchlow doing well especially looking at the big guns behind him in the results. I have no idea whats going on with Rossi.

Ian

Pomp1
09-04-2012, 12:42 PM
I watched it max, thought it was going to be the usual stoner domination and was pleased to be proved wrong. Pedrosa really has to up his game this year else its byebye dani-boy.

The best was cal getting 4th!!

That was my thought too. Good to see a bit of a fight towards the end. It looks like we could be in for a more interesting championship after last year.

He11cat
10-04-2012, 01:57 AM
Well done Cal.....
Rossi looked really drawn in his face ... did not look chipper.

rac3r
10-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Rossi had an outburst and Ducati are in **** unless they do something. Next move is critical I think

Believe it or not I hope Lorenzo does well this year!

simon_g
10-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Couple of good passes but not a classic race really. Doesn't help that the circuit looks a bit dull - hardly any grandstands, just big advertising hoardings.

Roll on Jerez!

slob
10-04-2012, 04:06 PM
I thought Rossi did very well... in Moto3

I really hope Valentino sorts whatever's bugging him and returns to the form we've seen in the past.

... also still missing Marco!

utopia
10-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Nicky didn't do too badly though.
I thought Cal looked as comfortable and focused as the year he won the supersport championship, and holding off Dovi on identical machinery was no mean feat.
And despite mourning the final decline of two strokes, I thought the moto3 was excellent.
Much better start to this season for Scott Redding in moto2 also.

SunEye
10-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Overall I would say that things look much the same up front as last year. If Stoner's arm pump gets fixed he'll run away with the championship. Lorenzo and Pedrosa looked reasonably closely matched. I'm not sure what happened to Ben Spies, but I'll assume it's a temporary thing and expect him to be chasing the top three. Well done to Cal. Very impressed. Let's hope Yamaha provide Tech 3 with all the new updates for the bike as the season progresses or we'll see Cal and Dovi gradually finishing further and further down the grid.

Looking at the race lap times and top speeds Ducati have a lot of work to do. When someone riding the old version of the bike goes faster and laps quicker than the latest factory bike you know you've got problems.

Hector Barbera had the highest top speed (342.3kph), Pedrosa 2nd (341.8), Rossi 3rd (341.6), Hayden 4th (341.2).

However the fastest lap times have Stoner at the top with a 1'55.541. I'm very impressed to see Cal Crutchlow putting in a 1'55.984 to come 2nd. Barbera put in the fastest Ducati lap with a 1'56.639 (7th and 1.098 down on Stoner). Hayden managed a 1'56.881 (8th 1.340 down on Stoner) and Rossi a 1'57.144 (12th) and 0.093 slower than Karel Abraham!

gary tompkins
11-04-2012, 12:46 AM
Moto 3 was great entertainment

Moto GP was a bit of a yawn.. except for last 3 laps

BluprintZ
11-04-2012, 08:06 AM
I thought all three races were pretty good for the opener.
@Suneye: Ben got his throttle hand trapped between the brake lever and the fairing in quali when he came off, it seemed to drag him down the track before it let go, so maybe he still had probs with his hand during the race.
Moto3 was brilliant, looks like that might be as exciting as Moto2 has become, i had reservations about Moto3 when it was first introduced but it's proved to be a touch better than the GP race in some instances.
This could well be Rossi's swansong year, unless Ducati find a solution, although Nicky did reasonably well, looks like it was only Stoner who could tame the beast and get podiums.

To early to tell really but i'm hoping this season is going to be a cracker, rollon Jerez.

G ; )