PDA

View Full Version : removing datatool system 3?

grantsmith1985
04-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Does any one have any experience in removing a datatool system3 alarm system from a s4 monster. My alarm has played up and people on the internet are basically saying just rip that junk out. If any onehas any info that may help I would appreciate it such as a walkthrough or a wiring diagram of the loom etc.
Thanks guys:hail:

Paivi
04-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Does any one have any experience in removing a datatool system3 alarm system
Ahem, I do. But you really don't want any advice from me. :D

Big Daft Lad
04-04-2012, 09:43 PM
It was the best mod I did on my old 748. No walk through as they will all be different. Just trace the wires and cut them out. It honestly isn't as difficult as you think it will be. A basic soldering iron, some shrink wrap, tape and half a day and all your electrickery problems will be over. I once rode 50 miles with the indicators flashing and the alam blaring with my system 3. Joy.

Nottsbiker
04-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Did the same on my old TL1000S after it went off at 4am and started immobilising me randomly.

Just traced the wires as mentioned above and cut that piece of junk out.

Sirc
05-04-2012, 11:51 AM
as above, all I would add is that you may need to use some extra wire of the same gauge or thicker to link some of the breaks back together. Good thing the loom wires are colour coded as it makes the job far easier.

utopia
05-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Also....Xena alarmed disc-locks are a self contained alternative.
I'm happy with mine.
Wouldn't fit any on board alarm, due to the many reports of glitches.

Unit 18
05-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Ahem, I do. But you really don't want any advice from me. :D

Yep, i'd vouch for what "scissorgirl" says. :idea:

grantsmith1985
10-04-2012, 09:42 AM
All done, was a little confusing at first but once we got going it started making sense, was handy that my mate that helped out has made a mini wiring loom before. Datatool gone, Xena disc lock ordered!