PDA

View Full Version : new owner from deapest norfolk

Tandy
04-04-2012, 08:34 AM
hi all, my name is tandy from norfolk and i have just bought myself a 2005 S4R 996 in black with white stripe

not the first Ducati i have owned but the first for a long time, as i worked for a KTM/Aprilia dealer for 10 years so always had a demo on tap to be riding :mand:

i work at Snetterton race circuit as a safety marshal during the week and was also a privateer BSB mechanic for 8 years on GP125's and superstock 600's

i am also racing in the 2012 FAB british pitbike supermoto championship on a custom built stomp KZR160

look forward to chatting and making a few minor modifications to the bike over the next god knows how long and maybe offering some advice on things i can help with, even the possibility of trying to organise something on track at work if we could generate enough interest

cheers for now, tandy

J.P
04-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Tandy, welcome to the club. Sounds like you're more likely to be the one we come to to ask questions rather than the other way round :)

There are a fair few of us that track our bikes, road bikes and track bikes so there's usually a plan somewhere. For example, MSV are running a Ducati only day on July 9th at Cadwell, and a small group are also joining Rapid Training for their trackday at Snetterton on July 16th, so I guess me might see you there !

He11cat
04-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Hello from dullest Suffolk ..
Have fun I some times go up to Snetts to watch thunder sprint
There's more going on in Norfolk then this bloody county !!!
Take it easy :)

Mohawk
04-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Hi Tandy, welcome to the Forum. If you ever fancy meeting up there is a group of us Ducati owners who meet at the Duke of York pub near Bungay first saturday of every month, so this Saturday as it happens. You may know one of the group already, he works as a marshal at Snetterton.

We are also on Facebook where we organise meet ups and rideouts. Look for East Anglian Ducati Club.

Sure to meet you sometime, Moira

Nickj
04-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Norfolk seems to be filling up with monsters!! You'll have to get a picture up sometime Tandy
What you need now is some nice anodising and CF for starters then get down to the serious bling LOL

JP 'there's usually a plan somewhere' awesome news, do we know where the plan might be and is it a good one ?? ;)

He11cat
05-04-2012, 12:31 AM
The new layout at Snetts is great :)

Norfolk is the right place to get anodising done ..... Mr Gremlins your man..
I have seen some of the stuff he's done lately its dead amazing!

Hope Norfolk is sunny for you over the holiday..

Wasta
05-04-2012, 03:37 AM
Welcome, I'm sure I will be asking you stupid questions in the coming months.

Tandy
05-04-2012, 07:42 AM
Cheers guys, yeah we are loving the new track layout but have to say Mr Palmer did design it more with cars in mind than bikes :worried:

I'm not big up on some of the Ducati quirks but any knowledge or contacts I have within the industry still I will be happy to utilise to help people out if possible

The plan was not to do too much to this bike as I have spent fortunes on previous bikes and cars and the wife will not be happy if I go spending a shed load of money again, my last superduke I must have spent at least £5k on bits and engine tuning but am after a couple of bits, the monster has got a few bits of carbon already, not 100% which were standard parts but front mudguard, belt covers, rad ends, and rear hugger are all there

I may also be able to get hold of pre used race tyres this season as the lad I used to mech for is running in BSB supersport 600's this year and they can always do with getting a little money back for the season

Kerry
05-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Hi tandy welcome. You will have to pm me as i live in diss aswell so no excuse not to catch up and as moria says there is a group of us that meet up and have a good time sure you will get to meet them soon. Any way send us a message and will exchange numbers.

Kerry

Small Clanger
05-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Hello and welcome. Nice part of the world and some lovely roads to get your pegs down on. Enjoy your S4R.
I'll be wobbling around Snetterton in about 10 days. 1st ever track day. :mand: Can't wait!

Tandy
05-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Will do Kerry

Just remember clanger, you have nothing to prove out there, it's all about the enjoyment of the day bud, just don't get caught up in the moment and try to do things you aren't happy with and if you want a confidence boost then do take the opportunity of having a session of instruction, worth it weight in gold even on the road

Small Clanger
06-04-2012, 05:53 AM
Cheers Tandy, I've had some similar advice and encouragement from the track-day regulars and racers on here so I'm just planning to enjoy the experience and not bust my buns trying to set the track alight. :fiery:

I won't be on the Evo, I'm using a little yellow SV650 I've bought for the occasion and I've booked into the ClubMSV Level 1 for some tuition. If you're there (16th) give me a wave but preferably NOT with a black flag. :mand:

Lima071
06-04-2012, 06:17 AM
Welcome, Diss I see, ah Diss this wednesday while riding to halesworth in the rain.
Bloody soggy I seem to recall. :*)