PDA

View Full Version : New to the Monster world and rain halted play!

anthonyas11
04-04-2012, 07:38 AM
Morning all!

I yesterday took delivery of my 2008 620 ie Dark. I bought it unseen from a dealer up North and arranged delivery down to me in North Devon.

Ever since ordering it its been blistering sunshine and perfect biking weather...Yesterday it rained...I persevered and went for a bit of a spin but the roads were lethal and I thought better of it! I did however realise what a machine it was!!

I want to make it my own and as you can see from the picture it has a double seat. I love the look of the seat cowls but can't seem to find a definitive answer to what I need to find! Also being a little over 6ft and a bit long legged I thought it would be worth looking at raising the seat slightly.

Can't wait to get back out now.

Twentytoo
04-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Hi and welcome. I'm sure there will lots of good advice for a seat cowl. As for the weather...........I'm stopping in!

J.P
04-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Anthony welcome to the club. The new owners section has been particularly busy of late so you're not alone in loving your new Monster.

There are a few tall owners, Pegboy being 6'4" I seem to remember, but I don't think he's changed the ride height !

satan916
04-04-2012, 09:46 AM
Welcome m8, as you can see I'm not a million miles from you, assuming you live in the Barnstaple that I know, not the one you've put on your profile (Barnstpale?) Only joking, if you need any advice, or want to meet up for a blat n chat, let me know. As to the seat cowl, looks like any will fit from the earlier range, If you want, you could pop down (or maybe meet up somewhere) and I'll take a look at the fitment for you.

utopia
04-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Yeah, funny weather.
Last week too hot in a tee shirt.
Today its snowing here in the midlands....big fat flakes and lots of them.
But at this time of the year nothing can spoil my optimism.
Just as long as they don't send the gritters out.

Welcome to the club.
I'm over 6ft and long in the leg, but I've had no trouble with seat height in the 5 or 6 years I've had my 750.
Its certainly low, but I don't find it a problem.
You'll probably get used to it.

utopia
04-04-2012, 12:34 PM
ps. I've just spotted a silver cowl on ebay, though its from an early 750 so not sure if the seat's the same on your model.
Same colour thouigh, so might be worth checking out.
Try Ducatiomaha for a parts list...

anthonyas11
04-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Thanks guys! It is the Barnstaple near you Satan just a spelling issue (I'll blame it on being excited.) A blat and a chat would be cool. I'll PM you when I'm free. I saw the Cowl Utopia, also a fibreglass one from Germany so sure I'll get that sorted! I'm gonna take it out and sure I'll adapt to the height, being used to motorcross lately is my issue!!

Nickj
04-04-2012, 06:25 PM
LOL Well the motocross experience will be handy as you do need to be a little more physical than with jap bikes when you want to hustle a monster along.
Still a little rain isn't a problem, you can get them up to the headstock in water (high level exhausts help mind) without any problems and as long as you change the oil and belts regularly the engines just keep on going.
You should have a good summer with the IE :)

DLowe
04-04-2012, 07:18 PM
hi

Thats the monster I was considering (but mine came up at the right price while I was pondering)

If im right and its the one from Stoke - Good price and nice bike

anthonyas11
05-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Yeah I wussed out when it rained and want the first ride to be a decent one! It is indeed the one from Stoke. Insurance was a bit of a killer on anything other than a 620 (Including M600) and then this one was cheaper again.